• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Main Categories on Front page

lindsayanng

Hey everyone. I installed the Main Categories on Front Page for my website. You can see it here:

FURRY FAMILY SUPPLIES

But i need to figure out how to change the size parameters for the images. they are WAY too small, and square - and i need them to be rectangular.. If you actually click on the birds category, you will see the look i am going for. I want those on my main page!

I really hope someone can give me a hand. I dont think i can change it in the admin section under images because it might mess with my subcategories images.

ANY help is much appreciated.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

You need to change the small image width and height settings in admin. That will not cahnge your category image sizes. It will change the size displayed on the products page though, in case that is a problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey everyone. I installed the Main Categories on Front Page for my website. You can see it here:

FURRY FAMILY SUPPLIES

But i need to figure out how to change the size parameters for the images. they are WAY too small, and square - and i need them to be rectangular.. If you actually click on the birds category, you will see the look i am going for. I want those on my main page!

I really hope someone can give me a hand. I dont think i can change it in the admin section under images because it might mess with my subcategories images.

ANY help is much appreciated.

In admin, change the Subcategory Image Height and Subcategory Image Width to what you want.

ok which one?? I got two different answers.. I THOUGHT it was the subcategories one too, but now i am not soo sure. I guess i can mess with them and see what happens..THANKS

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

thanks! I changed the size of the subcategories images and it worked perfectly.. luckily i made the images the actual size that i wanted them to be so nothing else changed. Thanks for the tips.. now i need to change the background color of the boxes

ok which one?? I got two different answers.. I THOUGHT it was the subcategories one too, but now i am not soo sure. I guess i can mess with them and see what happens..THANKS
I'm sorry. You said the images on the home page and when I looked the ones in the new products box were (are) very small so I assumed that is what you were referring to.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

thanks! I changed the size of the subcategories images and it worked perfectly.. luckily i made the images the actual size that i wanted them to be so nothing else changed. Thanks for the tips.. now i need to change the background color of the boxes

I think that what you are referring to is the info box background, which is set in the stylesheet.css file

yes.. I know. I was just saying that as a design standpoint to start making it look RIGHT. I just am LOVING the fact that, prior to this i had no php experience, i am able to do soo much with this shopping cart.. now, i know it is not nearly as beautiful as some of the sites around here.. Not even CLOSE, but i am doing more by myself (without a programmer i mean) than i ever thought possible.

I;m SOOOO glad i did not get a template! I have a feeling with some more practice, i can make an AWESOME site. THANKS GUYS!