• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Does A Returning Customer Get To Checkout?

mtims48021

Scenerio:

A Customer brought up this problem.

A signed in customer has an item in his cart but leaves the sight without checking out.

When the customer logs back in, the item is still in his shopping cart, but there is NO BUTTON or link to get to shopping_cart.php or to checkout_confirmation.php, without hacking the address bar.

Has anyone run into this problem?

Any ideas on adding a CHECKOUT BUTTON or SHOPPING CART BUTTON and where?

Should only show up if cart is NOT empty AND customer is logged-in.

Actually, thinking further,

Even a returning guest should be able to get to the shopping_cart.php in case they want to empty cart or change items in the cart.

Don't know what to say. In my almost virgin installation, returning customers have access to the shopping cart as normal. There are links to the shopping cart in the header and in the footer.

So what happens when a customer returns to your site - do the links disappear? Or do you have a heavily modified setup without these links? :unsure:

~Wendy

Don't know what to say. In my almost virgin installation, returning customers have access to the shopping cart as normal. There are links to the shopping cart in the header and in the footer.

So what happens when a customer returns to your site - do the links disappear? Or do you have a heavily modified setup without these links? :unsure:

~Wendy

Yes, It's heavily Modded. The links do disappear. I'll just keep trying different things. I don't know if I'm supposed to post my site but take a look here and see if you notice anything.

Moderator remove if I shouldn't.

www.matcopublishing.com/catalog/

~Wendy

I solved my problem by hard coding a link to shopping_cart.php in the Welcome back message in Catalog/Includes/Languages/English.php such as:

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Welcome back <span class="greetUser">%s!</span> Would you like to see which <a href="%s"><font color="#0000ff"><u>new products</font></u></a> are available to purchase or Check Out your <a href="http://www.matcopublishing.com/catalog/shopping_cart.php"><font color="#0000ff"><u>Shopping Cart</u> </font></b></a>?');

Works like a charm in case anyone else runs into this type problem.

Archived