• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RE-Installed OSCommerce

I Re-installed OSCommerce from one server to another. I uploaded the database and FTP-ed the catalog. Now I am getting the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'oldserver_osc1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /bla/bla/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I know I need to change the oldserver name to the newserver name but I don't know where to access the file where this is done. It is not in the database.php file. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I Re-installed OSCommerce from one server to another. I uploaded the database and FTP-ed the catalog. Now I am getting the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'oldserver_osc1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /bla/bla/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I know I need to change the oldserver name to the newserver name but I don't know where to access the file where this is done. It is not in the database.php file. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

You might want to double check your configuration file and make sure the DB name and passwords for the connection strings are in line with the installed DB. Maybe even look at the DB / Users on the server admin panel.

Archived