• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Super noob needs help

benji888

well, most of oscommerce is php with a little HTML worked into it, but i dont know about templates.. they are all different and they are a little scarey to use because the code is so hacked that certain contributions will not work with it.. also, if you choose to use a template, you will also have a hard time finding help here because too many things will change and people here will not be able to help you.

I suggest messing around with the basic oscommerce to see what kind of changes you can make.. There are some GREAT books out there too on Amazon.com for about $25 each - theres the oscommerce recipe book (for quick code changes) and there are TWO oscommerce about books that explain the structure and modules that oscommerce comes with.. I TOTALLY suggest those for reading. I have NEVER done php before, but with the help of those books, a LOT of reading in the "knowledge base" here on oscommerce.com and this forum - i have been able to customize my site way more than i ever thought i could before.. i am still learning new things, but LUCKLY there are a lot of resources for that !

OSCOMMERCE RECIPE BOOK

BASIC OSCOMMERCE BUILDING ONLINE STORES BOOK

OSCOMMERCE DOCUMENTATION

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived