• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgraded PHP (Now store is pure white)

hawken

Hi all!

Today my server was upgraded to PHP 4.4.8 (It was 4.4.4) and now my store just loads as a white screen. I can access the admin without problem. Can anybody offer some advice or a known solution please?

Thanks!!

ps: v2.2 RC1

Hi all!

Today my server was upgraded to PHP 4.4.8 (It was 4.4.4) and now my store just loads as a white screen. I can access the admin without problem. Can anybody offer some advice or a known solution please?

Thanks!!

ps: v2.2 RC1

RC1 is compatible with PHP5 so a move to 4.4.8 is not the problem.

RC1 is compatible with PHP5 so a move to 4.4.8 is not the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured it would be compatible, that's why I gave my host the green light to upgrade. After upgrading there is a white page. Possibly a re-cache of some sorts is needed? note PERL was also upgraded and cpanel. I assumed it was php that is affecting this.

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured it would be compatible, that's why I gave my host the green light to upgrade. After upgrading there is a white page. Possibly a re-cache of some sorts is needed? note PERL was also upgraded and cpanel. I assumed it was php that is affecting this.

For a start .. if you are debugging, oscommerce tends to hide simplistic errors behind ..

E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

If you are on php5 try changing the setting to the below and you may get some interesting debug messages.

error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);

I'm sure not everyone will be up for this change but I like to develop in a strict environment.

For a start .. if you are debugging, oscommerce tends to hide simplistic errors behind ..

E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

If you are on php5 try changing the setting to the below and you may get some interesting debug messages.

error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);

I'm sure not everyone will be up for this change but I like to develop in a strict environment.

I am on 4.4.8 now, not 5, and how or where is that etting changed? Sorry to sound like such a newb. Thanks.

Archived