• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1146 - Table '***.TABLE_COUNTER' doesn't exist

I'm getting this error on all catalog pages on the bottom. I've done some searching and the common recommendation is to check the database_table.phps and make sure the tables exist in the db. Both do exist. I have noticed that when I click on the counter table in the db, there is an error message: No Index Defined. Is this the likely problem and how do I define them? (i say 'them' because i think counter_history may also be in play here as it also has the index defined message) Thanks in advance.

edit: 1146 - Table '***.TABLE_COUNTER' doesn't exist

select startdate, counter from TABLE_COUNTER (is the full error message)

You only need these lines in /includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_COUNTER', 'counter');

define('TABLE_COUNTER_HISTORY', 'counter_history');

The table counter only has one line in it.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

thanks Geoffrey, but they're already in includes/database_tables.php (and spelled correctly too). Are you suggesting to see if they were put anywhere else by mistake? I just erased them from the admin/includes/database_tables.php, but that didn't do anything.

What is this function for, a hits counter or something?

Really odd, I re-uploaded the includes/database_tables again, and this time the error went away. I swear I did that before at least a couple of times last night. Oh well, thanks!

(but if anyone can chime in with what the functions for, please do, as it got my curiosity)

• 3 years later...

Archived