• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

clearing products from database?

gellnsh

Hi All,

I've been using oscommerce for a few years now and I'm noticing that products have become unavailable but still show up in my database. I'd like to be able to clear the database every so often and start with a fresh datafeed but I'm reluctant to clear the products table in phpmyadmin as I'm afraid I'll screw things up and have to start over. Does anyone know a safe method to do this without losing customer info and past order history etc.??

btw - I use easypopulate. It updates products but does not get rid of products that are no longer available.

thanks in advance,

truncate the product related table using a truncate query(take dB backup prior to this).

Now thru EP populate the tables.

truncate products,products description table.

A beter option is to delete products thru admin.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hate to blow my own trumpet, but try this contribution http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5973

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

truncate the product related table using a truncate query(take dB backup prior to this).

Now thru EP populate the tables.

truncate products,products description table.

A beter option is to delete products thru admin.

Satish

Hi Satish,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I suspected that these 2 tables could be truncated but I was also wondering about the table products_to_categories?? I have over 14000 products so its just not feasible to try to delete them through admin. I thought if I empty them in phpmyadmin and then reload them with easy populate it might do the trick?

thanks

Archived