• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cache Control

zanniesattic

I have an error in admin under tools in cache control.

Categories box, Manufacturers Box and Also Purchased Module all say "File does not exist"

Under action, when I click the reset button it brings me to a blank page.

On the bottom it says Cache Directory:/tmp/

Can someone tell me what has gone wrong, and in simple terms tell me how to fix it?

I appreciate any help provided.

Thank you,

Suzanne <_< <_<

• 1 month later...
I have an error in admin under tools in cache control.

Categories box, Manufacturers Box and Also Purchased Module all say "File does not exist"

Under action, when I click the reset button it brings me to a blank page.

On the bottom it says Cache Directory:/tmp/

Can someone tell me what has gone wrong, and in simple terms tell me how to fix it?

I appreciate any help provided.

Thank you,

Suzanne <_< <_<

I too have the same problem. Am I missing some files? Do you have to create these files manually?? What names??

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Create a folder called store_cache or whatever name you want and place it at the root of your site via ftp or your cpanel

Go to Tools>>File Manager (osc admin panel) or your webhost cpanel and click the folder you created. On top of the page is the path of that folder. Take note of it.

Proceed to configuration>>cache-->cache directory --> enter the path of the cache folder you created

sample path: /home/some/path/like/this/public_html/store_cache/

Create a folder called store_cache or whatever name you want and place it at the root of your site via ftp or your cpanel

Go to Tools>>File Manager (osc admin panel) or your webhost cpanel and click the folder you created. On top of the page is the path of that folder. Take note of it.

Proceed to configuration>>cache-->cache directory --> enter the path of the cache folder you created

sample path: /home/some/path/like/this/public_html/store_cache/

BryceJr,

Thanks for the reply. I have done that and I know the directory exists because I do not get the error message (red banner) at the top of the Cache Control page.

When I go to the Cache Control I see the three selections (Categories Box, Manufacturers Box, Also Purchased Module) and underneath these is a line that says "Cache Directory: osc_cache"

On all of these lines it says "File Does Not Exist"

What do I do now?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Also make sure that you have set use cache to true under configuration>>cache in your store admin

When I go to the Cache Control I see the three selections (Categories Box, Manufacturers Box, Also Purchased Module) and underneath these is a line that says "Cache Directory:osc_cache

"Cache Directory: osc_cache"<--That is not correct

It should read something like this: Cache Directory: /home/something/something/blah/public_html/osc_cache/

Go to Tools>>File Manager ---Click the osc_cache folder and under heading File Manager is a path to your cache folder.

Copy and paste it or write it down on a piece of paper.

Proceed to configuration>>cache-->cache directory --> enter the path of the cache folder

"Cache Directory: osc_cache"<--That is not correct

It should read something like this: Cache Directory: /home/something/something/blah/public_html/osc_cache/

Go to Tools>>File Manager ---Click the osc_cache folder and under heading File Manager is a path to your cache folder.

Copy and paste it or write it down on a piece of paper.

Proceed to configuration>>cache-->cache directory --> enter the path of the cache folder

Bryce Jr,

Thanks again for the help. I modified the cache directory per your instructions and I now have a Cache Directory like you indicated.

But I still have the same three "File Does Not Exist" messages. What files actually are in the Cache directory and how do they get created?

Thank again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Jeff

Bryce Jr,

Thanks again for the help. I modified the cache directory per your instructions and I now have a Cache Directory like you indicated.

But I still have the same three "File Does Not Exist" messages. What files actually are in the Cache directory and how do they get created?

Thank again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Jeff

If the path to the cache folder is correct, you should see those files created. Could you post a screenshot of your Cache-Control screen?

BryceJr,

I have it figured out. I looked at the code in cache.php to figure out what the file names were supposed to be and manually created the three files in the cache subdirectory. That produced an error in the cache control module which was a filename not found error which turned out to be the "/" was missing at the end of the cache directory url. I placed the "/" in the cache directory definition and everything started working.

Thank you for all your help. Without persons like you this great package would not be so great.

Jeff

BryceJr,

I have it figured out. I looked at the code in cache.php to figure out what the file names were supposed to be and manually created the three files in the cache subdirectory. That produced an error in the cache control module which was a filename not found error which turned out to be the "/" was missing at the end of the cache directory url. I placed the "/" in the cache directory definition and everything started working.

Thank you for all your help. Without persons like you this great package would not be so great.

Jeff

Jeff,

Could you tell me what you did exactly? Im having the same problem with the 3 missing files in the cache directory. I looked at both cache.php files that I could find and could not figgure out what needed to be done.

Thanks

Jeff,

Could you tell me what you did exactly? Im having the same problem with the 3 missing files in the cache directory. I looked at both cache.php files that I could find and could not figgure out what needed to be done.

Thanks

Ok... I figgured it out.... For those who need to know,

upload, via FTP, three blank files into your cache directory:

categories_box-english.cache

manufacturers_box-english.cache

also_purchased-english.cache

• 3 weeks later...
Ok... I figgured it out.... For those who need to know,

upload, via FTP, three blank files into your cache directory:

I got the cache listed and then changed the path for the cache, then got the message of missing files so i inserted the files:

As suggested in the installation notes which got rid of the missing files text in Admin but when i go to my store's home/index page i noticed that the Categories Box and the Manufacturers Box have both dissapeared! Whenever i turn off the route to the cache in the Configurgation / cache section the boxes come back again.

Can anyone explain why this happens and how do you rectify it?

Many thanks

Sean

• 2 years later...

Archived