• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing Add to Cart

Daddyslipdisk

Obviously in reading the topic, you may wonder why in the world I would want to do this, but it's a fairly simple reason. I love osCommerce and I love some of the great support options, templates, layouts, add-ons, etc. But I'm wanting to use an affiliate program like Share a Sale, Commission Junction, PopShop, etc and I simply wanted to use osCommerce to display the products and remove the Add To Cart functionality. I want to maintain the login info so I can create a community, send out specials, and so on, but that's about it.

The product entry page already has a field to enter the product URL so I can put the affiliate link there, but is there a way or has anybody done this before where you can remove the Add to Cart functionality? So it's just used like a catalog only to organize and show the products the current way that it does, but not an actual shop where purchases take place on the site?

Maybe this:

osC Catalog

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

:blink: That just may be it!! I'll try it and let everyone know! YOU ROCK! Like bigger, better and faster than Aerosmith and Zeppelin combined. A dangerous individual you are. :lol:

Well it does actually work, so KUDOS for finding this. It's a manual job to install this if you've used a template or different layout, which most everyone has. I replaced the existing files and it screwed everything up because the layout and tables didn't match. But the info it displayed was completely correct as to what I wanted it to do which is simply display the products like an online catalog without the Cart functionality and still maintain the register/login/review capabilities. Sweeeeet. Thanks so much. I got to tweak this out, but that's it my friend. Thanks again so much.

Archived