• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Importing the customer list to a new site

Hi all,

I have created a new website and would like to import JUST the customer list to the new database. I intentionally created the new database using SQL 4.1 so it would match the old database.

Can anyone tell me how I can take JUST the customer list from the old DB ???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris

using the phpmyadmin utility you can simply migrate the data from one db to another.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Unfortunately, the databases are NOT on the same server. So I need to export JUST the customer list from the old database and import it into the new database :S

Chris

You will probably want to take over the address book too.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Login to phpmyadmin and select your database. Click on the export tab and uncheck the structure section so you are only exporting data. Select the tables you want, click Save to disk if you want that and then click go. On the new database, login, select the database and click import. Choose the file you saved, assuming you did so, and it will load the data for you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you Jack, thats what I needed to know.......I just wasn't sure I could specify which tables to export.

Chris

Well, I would love to say it worked flawlessly.............however, it didn't work !

I successfully exported the two tables but when I imported them into the new DB, I ended up with a 1054 error. So, I decided I would create the customer accounts manually and assign everyone a default password asking them to log in and change their passwords.

The best I can do, the new store is live in less than 48 hrs :S

Thanks again everyone for the input.

Chris

Archived