• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My site is soft launching

Hi,

I had a look around and first impressions were that it looks similar to a default installation and therefore like thousands of other OSC powered sites. Changing the buttons and adding a couple of mods won't make your site stand out.

Some more points...

1: The header is a bit to tall, I think 40% of its current height would be better.

2: The Reward Points Program FAQ has a "SUB_HEADING_TITLE" template tag left in.

3: The text input fields and checkbox in My Account Information need to be right aligned within the container.

4: The customer's default address in Delivery/Billing Information displays a lone comma left from the address formatting.

5: If there is only one shipping method remove the selection panel as it's pointless.

6: Javascript error line 78 of checkout_payment.php (missing } ).

7: If there is only one payment method remove the selection panel as it's pointless.

8: Remove Edit Shipping and Payment method from the order confirmation page.

9: In My Account Information, my address in the Previous Orders panel is really squashed up.

10: Product Notifications didn't include the item I checked on checkout success.

11: The expanding divs in Reward Program FAQ need one type of border not three.

12: The three heading icons for Account, Cart and Checkout are right above exactly the same links.

13: Prices quoted in the "Sign up and get 50 points..." advert don't update when currency changed.

14: The "Free Ship to WorldWide" advert (Fedex jumbo jet) should link to further info not create account.

15: The link above doesn't take into account if the customer is already logged in.

16: About Us link in footer is dead.

Good luck

Carbon

Overall, looks good and I'm glad that you're taking a minimalistic approach since it matches your domain name. But when you do a minimalistic design, it needs to be uniform and clean. You have the page body wider than the header and the product info page doesn't seem like it has any spacing at all.

Mainly just trim up what you already have and I think it'll work out well.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hello,

Your site looks nice. I have one question for you. I am creating a site and I am unsure on how to add the login info. like you have on the right side. Could you give a little guidance. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

One more suggestion:

make your logo link to your home page.

It's a general agreement to have it linked, so customers who are lost somewhere deep in your site can easy go to top page just clicking on a logo. I know you have "Top" link under your header, but still...

Computers777dotcom

Archived