• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How big will my website need to be to have OScommerce

Hi

I need some help please.

My website is currently being hosted by another company with a free estore and its terrible- problems galore!

Im ready to move across by myself and get my own estore (of my choice- looking at OScommerce as i have heard good thingsd about it!) and a new company to host my store.

My current store has 200 products with proberly going up to 250 in the next year.

Im looking at two different packages with companies.

One gives me 250 meg and the other gives me 500 meg.

Having OScommerce and having 250 products and proberly 10 other pages (with postage info etc) what size would be more appropriate? Will either be big enough?

As I said Im new to all this !! I have heard lots of really great things about OScommerce.

nat :)

Either should be large enough. A basic oscommerc install takes less that 10 MB. That will vary with the images sizes and product descriptions though but you will still have plenty of room.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a lot of luck with hostmonster. They are very good with customer service AND they are CHEAP with a TON of disk space.. I have no had any down time either.. in almost a year.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived