• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Selling digital files...

leftcoast

Hi - I'm looking to see if anyone can offer some suggestions on what might be the best solution for selling digital files (PDFs). I'm working on a simple site for a client who wants to offer a package of information in the form of a single PDF, with the option of expanding the "products" to include more digital files and possibly even physical materials. But for now, I'm mainly concerned with addressing the more immediate needs. I haven't done much research yet, but know a friend who is using osCommerce for an online store of his and recommended it. Aside from this, I was thinking about going the PayPal route. Since the plan (right now) is to only offer one product, I don't think that a fancy storefront is that important (I can make one in html). The main challenge is to find something that can be stripped bare (read: not look like an empty store), but that can offer lots of control. My client wants the PDF to automatically be released to international buyers upon receipt of payment. I'm a print-based designer, so have little in the way of development skills. Any ideas about what would 1) work the best, and 2) be the easiest for me to set up? Toss me some thoughts - I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Cory

Archived