• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

infobox sizes all whacky PLEASE HELP!

lindsayanng

I have a really odd issue, everything looks all fine and great until you go into the CATEGORIES or the PRODUCT LISTINGS. then the right column gets all out what and the ARTICLES, CATEGORIES, and FURRY SERVICES expand x2!!!

I dont really know where to look because i changed the info box width in the CSS to 155 (which should be universal) so i am confused as to why this is happening to just a handful of them

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

oops.. sorry,

furryfamilysupplies

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Hey can you provide a screenshot of the issue...I checked out your site using both FF and IE and the only issue I can see is your categories box/articles/what's new/site search/furry animal services expands by like 5-10px when viewing categories ... the right boxes remain the same the whole time...in IE its not the noticeable but in FF it is a bit ... if this is the issue then it has to do with your category names being too long ... see when you click on Small Animals you get sub categories ... the subcategory Mice/Gerbils/Hamsters makes the box expand because you are using slashes and FF cant break it down to the next line...either use a pop out menu or shorten your category names or use spaces in between the Mice, Gerbils and Hamsters instead of slashes...

actually, i just KINDA figured it out. My text was just a little too big, and i removed the arrow so that it all fits.. the issue was the mice/gerbils/hamsters category was just too long to fit into that box.

I Do absolutely plan on using a fly out or drop down menu for those reasons, but i can not find a good contribution for it, and i kinda am scared to make one form scratch.

thank you SOO much for your help..

do you have any suggestions for the banner i have in the right column. I made it bigger so it would match the boxes, but now its all cut off.

I Do absolutely plan on using a fly out or drop down menu for those reasons, but i can not find a good contribution for it, and i kinda am scared to make one form scratch.

I highly recommend Multilayer SEO Pop Out Menu :)

do you have any suggestions for the banner i have in the right column. I made it bigger so it would match the boxes, but now its all cut off.

I had a look at the image you have uploaded and its displaying it correctly...but the image you uploaded seems to be cut off...??

This is how the image has been uploaded ... have u got the original one there ... maybe try reuploading it?? or you might have to check the settings in your admin section to see what size the banner is set to in there...maybe that is what is cutting the image off?

I highly recommend Multilayer SEO Pop Out Menu :)

I had a look at the image you have uploaded and its displaying it correctly...but the image you uploaded seems to be cut off...??

This is how the image has been uploaded ... have u got the original one there ... maybe try reuploading it?? or you might have to check the settings in your admin section to see what size the banner is set to in there...maybe that is what is cutting the image off?

I do have the original, I made it in illustrator so I can uplod it. I guess I can check the banner manager and see but I did that already, never hurts to double check!!

I am also going to check out that link you gave me. Is it fairly easy to install?

thank you SOOO much for all the help. Both columns are nice and even vertically.. now i have to make it that way horizontally (notice the top ones on the left and right do not match up)

The problem with my banner had NOTHING to do with the banner manager. It was my image. I made it in illustrator and somehow some crop marks got in there (but not shown) and when i went to make it bigger, it worked just fine, but cropped out the edges that went over those marks.

I am also going to check out that link you gave me. Is it fairly easy to install?

One of the easiest installs I have done...there is also an active support thread if you have any issues...just make sure you backup your files if your going to try it out...but from personal experience as mentioned it was very easy to setup since it has very easy to follow documentation and works great!!

thank you SOOO much for all the help. Both columns are nice and even vertically.. now i have to make it that way horizontally (notice the top ones on the left and right do not match up)

The problem with my banner had NOTHING to do with the banner manager. It was my image. I made it in illustrator and somehow some crop marks got in there (but not shown) and when i went to make it bigger, it worked just fine, but cropped out the edges that went over those marks.

nice work good stuff looks so much better now :) :)

I couldnt see the horizontal columns you mentioned that weren't displaying properly..do u have a screenshot??...also with your header ... i'm using a larger resolution and hence your content is displaying properly but since you have set the width of the banner as 912px, you will find that your customers with a larger resolution will have empty white space to the right of your banner (see below) ... don't know if thats a HUGE issue but worth thinking about :)

i262_furryheader.jpg

i am actually going to change my banner to that i can put it in three pieces so it will fit the size of any screen.. a little trick i learned from reading the internet. I have a wide screen too, so i saw that almost immediately. this is kinda what i would LIKE to have: Petco

Anyways, you can see what i am talking about in your screen shot! Look at the CATEGORIES image, and then look at the SHOPPING CART image, they are not lined up, the SHOPPING CART image is slightly lower than the CATEGORIES. I know its a little thing, but i get obsessive about those kinda things. I was also going to take away that little .gif that is in the top righthand corner.

I went over to the SEO Menu support thread, there are some questions i had about the possible customization of it. Other than that, it seems REALLY easy..

Archived