• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Effect code change on Google?

Morgan^

Hi I would like to know if the following adjustment on my oscommerce webshop will have a negative effect in Google or other searchengines or not?

To make some text on my webshop's mainpage as well english as dutch I want to replace the following code on the main page of my webshop:

<center>																														 
 <p><span class="style2">Welcome to Mystore</span></p>														   
 <p class="style4">The largest store for Cd's Dvd's</p>													
 <p class="style4">Vinyl, Computergames, Toys & Any other stuff I made up</p>											  
  </center>

with the code below:

<center>																														 
 <p><span class="style2"><?php echo (TEXT_LINE_1); ?></span></p>														   
 <p class="style4"><?php echo (TEXT_LINE_2); ?></p>													
 <p class="style4"><?php echo (TEXT_LINE_3); ?></p>											  
  </center>

This while making the nescesary TEXT_LINE_X define statements in /includes/languages/english.php and /includes/languages/dutch.php

So again my question, will replacing the textlines on my mainpage with "<?php echo (TEXT_LINE_X); ?>" statements have a negative effect in google or any other searchengine or not?

Regards Morgan

You`re useing PHP, this means your sever parses your code to serve a html page to the browser, so your change has no effect for the end user, be it a bot or user.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

You`re useing PHP, this means your sever parses your code to serve a html page to the browser, so your change has no effect for the end user, be it a bot or user.

That's great :lol: Then I can implement this change without any worries not to be found anymore with these keywords in google etc. Thanks for your fast answer.

Archived