• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

add php to html

draces1

I have come in on the tail end of a website development project and all of the pages have already been developed in .html.

I need to add the shopping cart (just the small little piece that shows the items in the cart and the total) to each page.

The structure of the website is like this:

www.fincotest.com/index.html <- plus a bunch of other .html files

oscommerce is located as normal i.e. www.fincotest.com/catalog and so on.

What I need to do is to add the small shopping cart to all pages (all of the existing .html pages).

Please feel free to browse the website at http://www.fincotest.com you'll see what I'm talking about.

Again, thanks so much--in advance.

posting again--no action under the previous title I guess. Sorry.

i'm not sure, but i THINK you need to add more than just the shopping cart quantity box. You do not have any way to purchase a product...

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I have come in on the tail end of a website development project and all of the pages have already been developed in .html.

I need to add the shopping cart (just the small little piece that shows the items in the cart and the total) to each page.

The structure of the website is like this:

www.fincotest.com/index.html <- plus a bunch of other .html files

oscommerce is located as normal i.e. www.fincotest.com/catalog and so on.

What I need to do is to add the small shopping cart to all pages (all of the existing .html pages).

Please feel free to browse the website at http://www.fincotest.com you'll see what I'm talking about.

Again, thanks so much--in advance.

posting again--no action under the previous title I guess. Sorry.

You cannot run php in a html page, you must convert to php first, which just involves renaming the .html to .php, however you will to to include other stuff at the page head to keep page in the catalog, there is a contrib somewhere, just ask google, put site:http://addons.oscommerce.com/ then query

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

You cannot run php in a html page, you must convert to php first, which just involves renaming the .html to .php, however you will to to include other stuff at the page head to keep page in the catalog, there is a contrib somewhere, just ask google, put site:http://addons.oscommerce.com/ then query

Uhh, yes, you can run php in html--even without renaming it to .php but thanks for the response.

I didn't know that you can simply rename .html to .php and it'll work the same--that's some valuable information--thanks.

I think I'm making a bit of headway on this process now

Thanks for the reply's.

• 2 years later...

Uhh, yes, you can run php in html--even without renaming it to .php but thanks for the response.

I didn't know that you can simply rename .html to .php and it'll work the same--that's some valuable information--thanks.

I think I'm making a bit of headway on this process now

Thanks for the reply's.

Came across this thread whilst searching for some other info, but it reminded me of a question I have - can you strip out the text that goes in the center of the main index page in oscommerce and put in some html instead? Or does any text that you want to have need to be inserted instead in the relevant .php file (in place of where the deafult osCommerce text is)?

Archived