• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to restore database backup using PHP MyAdmin

Benjjj6

Hi

When restoring a previous backup from the admin panel in OsCommerce it takes a long time and says "If possible, use the mysql client."

I wondered if this was any quicker, and was hoping someone could explian how to use phpMyAdmin to do it?

Thanks!

Hi

When restoring a previous backup from the admin panel in OsCommerce it takes a long time and says "If possible, use the mysql client."

I wondered if this was any quicker, and was hoping someone could explian how to use phpMyAdmin to do it?

Thanks!

In your cpanel you will find a MySQL backup/restore function thats the easiest way.

cPanel Docs are here http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/11/cpanel/index.html

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• 2 years later...

I have several back ups in Admin. My last one was made right before I was going to try a new add-on. In fact, I believe all my backups are right before add ons or contributions. Anyway, when I hit the restore button in Admin I am am kicked back out to the Admin log-in page. When I log back in I can see "Last Restoration." It looks like the restore took, but the site is still "broken" despite the fact that the db I restored was working fine. I tried several old back ups to no avail. The db size is only 419,906 bytes.

Before I tried the restore in Admin, I made changes manually: I reverted back to older code that I saved in word pad-- deleting the newer code and pasting + saving older/original code. This always worked in the past, but now it wasn't taking. I figured a restore was in order.

However, in oSc Admin the restore doesn't seem to take. Which led me to phpMyAdmin, but I don't see anything in regards to back ups etc. In Oscommerce Admin I can see all the old restore points. Where would they be in phpMyAdmin or how do I call up an older database?

I have used google and oSc searches, but have not found a how-to-for-dummies on restore if it doesn't work in Admin.

Web Developer, Firebug, and Notepad++ are powerful free tools for web design.

Archived