• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating a template for a specific page

bflan

I am trying to create a new page where I can replace the $content with information. ie. an About Us page. I have created a custom template file about_us.php.html and placed it in the sts_templates/full folder. I then use the url www.mysite/shop/about_us.php but I get a not found on this server error. Do I have to define the new template somewhere, or is there anything else I should be doing.

Thanks for your time

bflan

modify specific pages and you can get different design for every page.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

modify specific pages and you can get different design for every page.

I dont wish to change the general design of the page, just the area where the content appears. I would like to be able to show link to cart, categories etc. as seen in this link http://www.irishweightloss.com/shop/ If I could have the content area to change displaying information as text that would be great.

I am trying to create a new page where I can replace the $content with information. ie. an About Us page. I have created a custom template file about_us.php.html and placed it in the sts_templates/full folder. I then use the url www.mysite/shop/about_us.php but I get a not found on this server error. Do I have to define the new template somewhere, or is there anything else I should be doing.

Thanks for your time

bflan

First off, Please ask all STS related questions in the STSv4 Support Thread in this forum. The link is published in the STS User Manual as well as in my signature below.

I have a STS Addon to assist you in creating new pages for your site. You can find it in the STS Power Pack Site, a repository for all STS Addons for STSv4 and higher.

PLEASE POST ALL REPLIES TO THE STS THREAD SO ALL STS USERS WILL BENEFIT.

Thanks!

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

First off, Please ask all STS related questions in the STSv4 Support Thread in this forum. The link is published in the STS User Manual as well as in my signature below.

I have a STS Addon to assist you in creating new pages for your site. You can find it in the STS Power Pack Site, a repository for all STS Addons for STSv4 and higher.

PLEASE POST ALL REPLIES TO THE STS THREAD SO ALL STS USERS WILL BENEFIT.

Thanks!

Hope this helped,

Thanks very much. It worked out great for me. I will also take your advice and ask any more in the STSv4 Support Thread. I am new to this, Cheers