• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any LUCK integrating MSRP Contrib. into STS?

Hello Guys,

I am working on a new Store and I installed the MSRP contribution which is great, however, since I am not a brain in PHP, I haven't been successful in displaying the MSRP using the Simple Template System.

I looked at how Product Info renders the price of an item, tried to use the same method in different ways to render the MSRP within STS and it doesn't work. Of course.. I am guessing wildly! I am wondering if somebody has been successful at it and how it can be achieved.

Cheers!

Ed :lol:

Edited by BlindingLight

Hello Guys,

I am working on a new Store and I installed the MSRP contribution which is great, however, since I am not a brain in PHP, I haven't been successful in displaying the MSRP using the Simple Template System.

I looked at how Product Info renders the price of an item, tried to use the same method in different ways to render the MSRP within STS and it doesn't work. Of course.. I am guessing wildly! I am wondering if somebody has been successful at it and how it can be achieved.

Cheers!

Ed :lol:

First off, Please ask all STS related questions in the STSv4 Support Thread in this forum. The link is published in the STS User Manual as well as in my signature below.

Ed, if the MSRP contribution followed osC coding, then STS would automatically pick up the price and display it. However, if you are using the "content" template feature in STS, then you have some extra work cut out for you, not much, but extra.

Any edits that the MSRP contribution made in the product_info.php file needs to be duplicated in the sts_inc/product_info.php file. For example, you will need to find the database query and whatever variable MSRP uses for the special price (I think it is 'products_msrp') and make a STS tag for it in the sts_inc/product_info.php file.

PLEASE POST ALL REPLIES TO THE STS THREAD SO ALL STS USERS WILL BENEFIT.

Thanks!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Thanks for the help! I tried a couple of things going along to what you said and unfortunately I can't still get it to work :( . I will repost this on STS forum as you said to keep STS Users in the loop.

Thanks,

Ed.

First off, Please ask all STS related questions in the STSv4 Support Thread in this forum. The link is published in the STS User Manual as well as in my signature below.

Ed, if the MSRP contribution followed osC coding, then STS would automatically pick up the price and display it. However, if you are using the "content" template feature in STS, then you have some extra work cut out for you, not much, but extra.

Any edits that the MSRP contribution made in the product_info.php file needs to be duplicated in the sts_inc/product_info.php file. For example, you will need to find the database query and whatever variable MSRP uses for the special price (I think it is 'products_msrp') and make a STS tag for it in the sts_inc/product_info.php file.

PLEASE POST ALL REPLIES TO THE STS THREAD SO ALL STS USERS WILL BENEFIT.

Thanks!