• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shop Sabotaged

apmoedas

Hi guys!

In April I paid a person to have my coin shop installed and ready to insert products. This person also offered hosting services, but as I have a friend who offered me that for free, I refused his services.

The guy kept haressing me to have my page hosted by his company and then I gave him my final and brisk "no". The thing is, a month later he sabotaged my webshop and e-mailed me saying that it would happen if I had hosted my page with him.

Thing is, I was careless and I didn´t change my passwords.

Now you can take a look at the mess the page turned out to be: www.apmoedas.com.

A friend told me that it´s not hard to fix, but I definetely don´t know what to do, so I am here asking for HEEELPP! lol

Any tip will be welcomed!

Thanks guys!

Hi guys!

In April I paid a person to have my coin shop installed and ready to insert products. This person also offered hosting services, but as I have a friend who offered me that for free, I refused his services.

The guy kept haressing me to have my page hosted by his company and then I gave him my final and brisk "no". The thing is, a month later he sabotaged my webshop and e-mailed me saying that it would happen if I had hosted my page with him.

Now you can take a look at the mess the page turned out to be: www.apmoedas.com.

A friend told me that it´s not hard to fix, but I definetely don´t know what to do, so I am here asking for HEEELPP! lol

Thanks guys!

If you have a local copy of your shop files find the stylesheet (stylesheet.css) and upload it to the shops home directory if you dont have the css sheet in a local copy, check in the recycle bin of your webserver he may have deleted it from your directory but not from the server. otherwise you will need to get another freelancer in to redesign the page.

If you have a local copy of your shop files find the stylesheet (stylesheet.css) and upload it to the shops home directory if you dont have the css sheet in a local copy, check in the recycle bin of your webserver he may have deleted it from your directory but not from the server. otherwise you will need to get another freelancer in to redesign the page.

Hi John!

Thanks for your help!

I tried to update the stylesheet file, but it didn´t work (I hopefully kept a backup, but it´s not working either).

Any other guess?

Regards,

Alberto Paashaus

Hi guys!

Thanks guys!

He hacked your store and this is illegal. You have his email, go to the police.

I am thinking a quick place to look would be the file paths as described in your configuration files. There are two - includes>configure.php and admin>includes>configure.php

but first change your passwords of course. You will have to change the permissions on these files to edit them - make sure you change them back afterwards.

If you have a local copy of your site, do a file compare of these files to see what is changed.

Hi guys!

Thanks guys!

<base href="">

Hi guys,

Thanks for all help and support!

I managed to recover the shp with tips you guys gave me, but another problem ocurred.

While trying to install popups in the store, I came across this mistake:

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/apmoedas/public_html/loja/index.php on line 13

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/apmoedas/public_html/loja/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/apmoedas/public_html/loja/index.php on line 13

Now the shop is once more stuck.

How can I solve this one?

Best wishes!

Archived