• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I add a quantity field in product listings

Hi Please Help

I am trying to add a quantity field (same as you find in the shopping cart.php)in the product listing part of the index.php file.

Can any tell me if this is possable or how??

Thanks

Tony

Hi Please Help

I am trying to add a quantity field (same as you find in the shopping cart.php)in the product listing part of the index.php file.

Can any tell me if this is possable or how??

Thanks

Tony

Pretty simple add p.products_quantity to the product queries in index.php then edit product_listing.php in includes/modules to display.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Thanks Sam.

but I am not to good at php and I`am not where in the index.php I should add the coding?

also does p.products_quantity refer to the stock quantity. ( I need the quantity someone wants to buy)

In the product_listing.php file do I simply add..

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUYQUANTITY':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_BUYQUAMTITY;

$lc_align = 'center';

break;

sorry to be a pain!!

Tony

Pretty simple add p.products_quantity to the product queries in index.php then edit product_listing.php in includes/modules to display.

Try this contribution

5553_Qty_Product_Page

or do you mean stock?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hi Geoffrey

Thanks for your help.

I have searched for 5553_Qty_Product_Page but can not find anything.

No I don`t mean stock quantity, It is the quantity to buy that I need.

Tony

Try this contribution

5553_Qty_Product_Page

or do you mean stock?

Hi Just found it (5553) I will try it out later.

Thanks

Hi Geoffrey

Thanks for your help.

I have searched for 5553_Qty_Product_Page but can not find anything.

No I don`t mean stock quantity, It is the quantity to buy that I need.

Tony

I tried that process from the Tips and Tricks, but I am getting an error when clicking to see the product info detail page. Any other thoughts on this? I'm also in need of this feature.

Hi

I got an error just the same at first, but it was because I had placed the input text in the wrong place.

TONY

I tried that process from the Tips and Tricks, but I am getting an error when clicking to see the product info detail page. Any other thoughts on this? I'm also in need of this feature.

Hi

I got an error just the same at first, but it was because I had placed the input text in the wrong place.

TONY

Where did you put it to make it work? I put it right where it was directed to go....within the <td> tag. Didn't look right in Homesite when I did it (not the right color).

Hi

I added the code within the <td>Tags but before the code already there to try and get the box on the left of the button,

When I moved it to the end just before the </td> and after the ?> tags all worked fine.

Tony

Where did you put it to make it work? I put it right where it was directed to go....within the <td> tag. Didn't look right in Homesite when I did it (not the right color).

Hi All,

Adding the box is no problem, but when it comes to application_top - my code looks different.

my code

{$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

What to look for:

$cart->add_cart($_POST['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($_POST['products_id'], $_POST['id']))+1, $_POST['id']);

What to replace with:

$cart->add_cart($_POST['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($_POST['products_id'], $_POST['id']))+$_POST['products_id'], $_POST['id']);

Anyone who can help with this.

I am running OSC 2.2MS2

Thanks

Kenneth

Archived