• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

xml sitemap installation

cherbear

I download the contribution Increase Google Page Rank XML Sitemaps, generated a sitemap, and download the file per instructions. The instructions state to put the downloaded file in "public_html". When I look into my SmartFtp client there is no folder call "public_html (I have looked for hours and check my file manager, no "public_html"). The folders with a html extention under html are x-manager.html and x-index.html. Am I missing somthing?

I download the contribution Increase Google Page Rank XML Sitemaps, generated a sitemap, and download the file per instructions. The instructions state to put the downloaded file in "public_html". When I look into my SmartFtp client there is no folder call "public_html (I have looked for hours and check my file manager, no "public_html"). The folders with a html extention under html are x-manager.html and x-index.html. Am I missing somthing?

You might not have a folder called public_html. It depends on your server/host. Just put the file in the same folder as your shop (probably your top folder- should contain Admin folder, images folder, includes folder etc). Hope this was helpful for you.

You might not have a folder called public_html. It depends on your server/host. Just put the file in the same folder as your shop (probably your top folder- should contain Admin folder, images folder, includes folder etc). Hope this was helpful for you.

Thanks for your reply, the folder that has the admin. images, includes etc is my HTML folder. Do you think I should create a new folder to put the sitemap.xml in the html folder? Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your reply, the folder that has the admin. images, includes etc is my HTML folder. Do you think I should create a new folder to put the sitemap.xml in the html folder? Thanks for your help.

I figured it out and it worked great, thanks for your help and I will know in the future that I do not have "public_html'.

Archived