• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Some descriptions for each sub-category

sormui

Hi, I have a main catagory having few sub-categories. However, I don't know where I can add different descriptions in each sub-category. Thanks in advance!!!

category description mod lets add a short desciption to any category should you wish (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2343)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi, I have a main catagory having few sub-categories. However, I don't know where I can add different descriptions in each sub-category. Thanks in advance!!!
The Header Tags SEO contribution is usually the better way to go if you do not already have a meta tags contribution installed since it will handle both jobs in one. If you do have one installed, then the Categories Description contribution, as suggested, will work.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The Header Tags SEO contribution is usually the better way to go if you do not already have a meta tags contribution installed since it will handle both jobs in one. If you do have one installed, then the Categories Description contribution, as suggested, will work.

Jack

Hi Jack, I don't have Header Tage SEO contribution installed. Do you have a URL for it?

Hi Jack,

I've run headertags_seo_install.php but getting this error:

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function) VALUES ('','Automatically Add New Pages', 'HEADER_TAGS_AUTO_ADD_PAGES', 'true', 'Adds any new pages when Page Control is accessed

(true=on false=off)', '20', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL)

Please help ... thanks!

Your server may be running an old version of mysql, which could cause the failure.

Jack

Hi Jack, I'm using MySQL 5.0.51b. Which version should I use? Or should I just install "Category Description" instead?

It should run with that version. There's nothing wrong with installing the categories description contribution except that if you ever decide to install Header Tags, it will be more difficult.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It should run with that version. There's nothing wrong with installing the categories description contribution except that if you ever decide to install Header Tags, it will be more difficult.

Jack

Actually I only want to add some descriptions for the categories. What do Header Tags give me more?

Oscommerce doesn't come setup for meta tags so if you ever want your pages to list well in the search engines, you will need to install one of the meta tags contributions. Sooner or later, you will most likely make this change. If you decide to install Header Tags, then you will have difficulties due to Categories Description being installed so it is better to install it from the beginning.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Have a question, you helped me to write code to do my own cat descriptions, will this make it difficult for me to put your header tags contribution on my site?

Because in time I will want header tags and meta tags!

Site is www.joicohair.net

Thanks

Gary

if I had the faintest clue regarding exactly what it was that I may or may not be doing, I would stop it!!

The difficulty comes about because the same section of code is used to display the descriptions. So you can only have one contribution working at a time. So if you have altered that code and then decide to install Header Tags, it can be done but the instructions in Header Tags won't match your code so it will be a little more difficult to install it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Your server may be running an old version of mysql, which could cause the failure.

Jack

I have to turn off MySQL Strict Mode in my.ini by removing sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES" and the issue is resolved.

I'm not sure if this is what I'm looking for but what I want to change is this:

1.jpg

But I want to change it for each category that I have, because one them will say: This Week's Comics another will say Last Week's Comics, etc.

I was just wondering if this is the tool to do that and if not is there one or is it just a configuration that I have to do somewhere?

Thanks in advanced!

Archived