• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to change file permissions with phpMyadmin?

Hi,

I would appreciate some help. I am totally new to this and have googled for help but can't seem to find a straightforward answer.

I can only access my files through phpMyadmin rather than a cpanel. After installing successfully, I cannot change the file permissions in the includes folder or the admin folder as it just doesn't show in the window when i open it.

If I have to change it in Dreamweaver or something can you please tell me the exact code i need to use and where in the existing code i need to add/change it?

Any help much appreciated

Use your FTP software to access and change the file attributes. Just locate the file or folder you want to change, right click on it and choose properties.

Hope that helps, thats the way I do it, it's a lot quicker.

Chris

Use your FTP software to access and change the file attributes. Just locate the file or folder you want to change, right click on it and choose properties.

Hope that helps, thats the way I do it, it's a lot quicker.

Chris

Thank you Chris. I usually use Dreamweaver to upload my files. Can I do it from there?

Thank you Chris. I usually use Dreamweaver to upload my files. Can I do it from there?

Why use dreamweaver when filezilla is free and reliable?

As for changing file permissions, the only reliable way is via your web hosts control panel filemanager. Filezilla does it for me, but not everyone.

Archived