• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I reset my administrator password?

Sir Windsor

Hello. I purchased my website though a guy who used oscommerce as the developing source. He registered the site name I asked him to, (of which I paid seperate for,) told me he'd have it up and running and would help promote it, within 24 hours. Needless to say, I got screwed. I'm trying to take control of what I can to salvage my ownership. How do I change the administrators password so only I can log in? Any additional help would be appreciated. Thanks.My website is www.charmcitycheesecake.com.

Hello. I purchased my website though a guy who used oscommerce as the developing source. He registered the site name I asked him to, (of which I paid seperate for,) told me he'd have it up and running and would help promote it, within 24 hours. Needless to say, I got screwed. I'm trying to take control of what I can to salvage my ownership. How do I change the administrators password so only I can log in? Any additional help would be appreciated. Thanks.My website is www.charmcitycheesecake.com.

Try this:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5857

Chris

Do you have access to your cpanel? You can control it thru there.

I am a Jedi, like my father before me!

R windsor,

If you have access to your cpanel...then rename the dir name of admin side to something else...go into the that new name dir /includes and find the configure.php file and edit it and change the path name to reflect the new admin dir name that you have selected... So what does this do...only you and whom ever you give out the new admin path too will be able to get to the admin side...when you have this done go into the admin side and change the admin password to what you want.

I hope this helps.

Dittones

Archived