• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What wrong With My Orders

tobinuk

Hi...I recently had a order on my website!

The order shows in the admin section and the payment method was Paypal, however I checked my paypal account before placing/dispatching the order, low and behold there is no payment there!

I had seen a previous thread about how to hack oscommerce sites! This was more for digital products I believe, though it could be used to make the site owner see a order had been placed and show that the invoice was paid via Paypal....even though it had not been paid!

Has my site been hacked?

Never had this problem before and a bit wary how to approach customer....if at all, as this maybe a common problem

(bug issue)

Ant help would be appreciated!

My customer who owns a osCOmmerce website, experienced the same problem last week, which was initiated by an e-mail address of a provider which was taken over by another provider. Their e-mails were forwarded to their new e-mail address, which seemed to be the reason why the payment wasn't on her account. In Admin, the order was shown correctly and also showed the payment with PayPal. Further it also showed that the customer wasn't notified and automatically the order wasn't send to the webstore's e-mail adress. After adding a new e-mail address in their PayPal account, they received a confirmation and the money transferred to their account. The e-mail that notified them about the order, seemed to be disappeared from their inbox.

Obviously the e-mail address was in their case the reason of the problem why the money wasn't transferred to their account. But it didn't explain why they didn't receive any order confirmation!

Could it be that you experience this problem because your e-mail is being forwarded?

Hi...I recently had a order on my website!

The order shows in the admin section and the payment method was Paypal, however I checked my paypal account before placing/dispatching the order, low and behold there is no payment there!

I had seen a previous thread about how to hack oscommerce sites! This was more for digital products I believe, though it could be used to make the site owner see a order had been placed and show that the invoice was paid via Paypal....even though it had not been paid!

Has my site been hacked?

Never had this problem before and a bit wary how to approach customer....if at all, as this maybe a common problem

(bug issue)

Ant help would be appreciated!

Archived