• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to disable the login-feature?

Flaxion

Hi.

I wanna use osCommerce, but can't find a way to disable the function which forces the visitor/costumer to register and login. Please help me to disable this feature.

Regards, Simon/Flaxion.

You must be using some customized version or template.

"Out of the box vanilla" osCommerce doesn't require you to register or login to view the catalog.

Can you post a link to your site?

:unsure:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I think he means not having to Register/Login to be able to checkout.

There is a contribution called Payment Without Account (PWA), but that, in my opinion, is a complete waste of time installing. All it does is to duplicate the Registration process but then deletes the newly created account at the end of the process. And if the customer comes back more than once then they have to do the same thing every time - whereas if they register an account all they need do in future is to login.

No major online company has a system where people don't need to create an account, because they know that the lifeblood of an online business is the customer mailing list - which you only get if people create an account. Even if the business goes broke you could sell your mailing list - I'm not advocating that but people do it.

Vger

I think he means not having to Register/Login to be able to checkout.

I thought about that AFTER I posted...

:blush:

I've never understood why people would have such a problem with making an account if they want to buy something online?

:unsure:

After all, whom ever you purchase from needs to know where to send the goods to...

:huh:

Now, if you buy downloads, that's a different story. You buy then you download, no personal info needs to be shared there.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived