• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Payment in USD only AU currency & Website?

dreami2

I have seen a couple of posts regarding the above probleme, but nothing that has solved my problem.

My webiste is australian, the only currency setup is AUD. however anytime a customer makes a paypal payment they automatically get USD on the Paypal payment page (which is converted to AU). I have

I have tried editing english.php file

changing

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', '' . DEFAULT_CURRENCY . '');

to this

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'AUD');

but it makes no difference.

I have set AUD as the default currency in admin/store details and also AUD code as the only installed currency, but still it is defaulting all payment to USD??

The transaction currency for paypal is setup to AUD ONLY.

Really dont know what else i can do or where else to look?

Help greatly appreciated.

I dont want any USD just AUD....

thanks

dreami2

you need to set the Transaction Currency to AUD currency in PayPal contribution.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Sorry i'm an oscommerce beginner, i dont understand your reply?

What & where is paypal contribution??

Probably the preinstalled paypal modules in your shop. Check then out in admin.

Sorry i'm an oscommerce beginner, i dont understand your reply?

What & where is paypal contribution??

sorry, some PayPal contributions allow to select & process in the preferable currency.

Basic or pre-installed PayPal contribution comes without this option, you will need to install the PayPal IPN contribution.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

should be define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'AUD');

Also echo and chek what value it has.As const once defines will not change so a double definition will also result in that.

Aslo set default currency to AUD.

Also in Your paypal profile chek whether there is a setting to accept AUD if So then chek what got posted to Paypal(view source on browser).

You havent specified which Paypal version si being used.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Also echo and chek what value it has.As const once defines will not change so a double definition will also result in that.

Also in Your paypal profile chek whether there is a setting to accept AUD if So then chek what got posted to Paypal(view source on browser).

Satish

• 4 months later...

Satish

it's really a simple change to do, once you know it

I wonder why paypal is not more customer oriented :) and easily accessed

it might be a slope that they don't want to fall in

Archived