• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Configure Product List Layout

muneca

Product Listing in Columns contains an example of such a product listing (product_listing_tpl.php). You could change that to the HTML used in the example you link to.

Do you know how to modify this so that it displays a short description for each product?

Would also like to know how to add a description under each sub catergory button. I've seen other contributions but would not know how to combine them if I have this script already in place.

In the contribution above, in the installation html help file it tells you at the bottom of that how to add a short discrition to each product on the display page.

Do you know how to modify this so that it displays a short description for each product?

Would also like to know how to add a description under each sub catergory button. I've seen other contributions but would not know how to combine them if I have this script already in place.

I'm trying to run this same contribution on my site, and i am stuck at the first hurdle.

This part -

1. First off, the database change.

Run the included list_multi.sql file

OR

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Display Add Multiples column', 'PRODUCT_LIST_MULTIPLE', '0', 'Do you want to display the Multiple Quantity with Attributes column?', '8', '11', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Display Add Multiples with Buy Now column', 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW_MULTIPLE', '0', 'Do you want to display the Multiple Quantity Buy Now with Attributes column?', '8', '12', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Number of column per row', 'PRODUCT_LIST_NUMCOL', '3', 'How many columns per row to display?', '8', '13', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Show actual price in the pull down menu for attributes', 'PRODUCT_LIST_ACTUAL_PRICE_IN_DROPDOWN', 'No', 'Do you want to show the actual price in the pull down menu for attributes or the (+ $10.00) ?', '8', '14', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Yes\', \'No\'), ', now());

How do i run the list_multi.sql file? Or even better, which configurtion file do i insert that information and where abouts in the configuration file do i place it, it didn't really explain it that well.

THankyou.

I'm trying to run this same contribution on my site, and i am stuck at the first hurdle.

This part -

1. First off, the database change.

Run the included list_multi.sql file

OR

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Display Add Multiples column', 'PRODUCT_LIST_MULTIPLE', '0', 'Do you want to display the Multiple Quantity with Attributes column?', '8', '11', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Display Add Multiples with Buy Now column', 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW_MULTIPLE', '0', 'Do you want to display the Multiple Quantity Buy Now with Attributes column?', '8', '12', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Number of column per row', 'PRODUCT_LIST_NUMCOL', '3', 'How many columns per row to display?', '8', '13', now());

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Show actual price in the pull down menu for attributes', 'PRODUCT_LIST_ACTUAL_PRICE_IN_DROPDOWN', 'No', 'Do you want to show the actual price in the pull down menu for attributes or the (+ $10.00) ?', '8', '14', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Yes\', \'No\'), ', now());

How do i run the list_multi.sql file? Or even better, which configurtion file do i insert that information and where abouts in the configuration file do i place it, it didn't really explain it that well.

THankyou.

The way I did it was log on to your sql amin, click on your store's database then click on the SQL button or where ever it brings you to the box that says "run query/queries on database" copy paste the above script into here and press the "go" button. That should do it.

The way I did it was log on to your sql amin, click on your store's database then click on the SQL button or where ever it brings you to the box that says "run query/queries on database" copy paste the above script into here and press the "go" button. That should do it.

Or you can import the sql file that is included under the imort button in your mysql admin. That's easier.

Archived