• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Parse error chain reaction

amynjay

I have had nothing but frustration working with oscomerce. I have zero knowledge of php or sql and everytime I try a fix, something else "breaks".

Here is my latest error: I went into catalog/includes/languages/english.php to change this:

define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Top');

to this

define ('HEADER_TITLE_Top', 'Home');

when I did that this is the NEW parse error:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /shop/catalog/includes/languages/english.php on line 90

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /shop/catalog/includes/languages/english.php on line 91

So being the trooper that I am, I copy and paste english.php into my php editor. these are lines 90 and 91:

define('BOX_HEADING_REVIEWS', 'Reviews');

define('BOX_REVIEWS_WRITE_REVIEW', 'Write a review on this product');

My editor is not showing any errors. So then I did a search and discovered a similar post regarding a similar error and the fix stated to do this:

define('BOX_HEADING_REVIEWS', \'Reviews\');

and define('BOX_REVIEWS_WRITE_REVIEW', \'Write a review on this product\');

which I did. and then I still get

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /shop/catalog/includes/languages/english.php on line 90

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /shop/catalog/includes/languages/english.php on line 91

I need help. :angry: Working 5 days on a constant stream of problems with this cart -My orginal change generated these $&*(!@ new errors. I have no idea why and frankly I am really really tired of it.

I wont go in to a whole other set of problems I am having. That will be under a different heading.

Sincerely appreciate any guidance I can get

define ('HEADER_TITLE_Top', 'Home');

should be

define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Home');

start with this, keep going you doing well :-)

Thank you! Your few words of encouragement gave me the courage to get back in there! I fixed it!!!!! Thanks again!

AmynJay

Archived