• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is it possible for an oscommerce Shop to send sales alert texts?

iknownothing

Hi,

I hope I have asked the below question in the correct area.

My query is can the Oscommecrce store be configured to send a text to a mobile telephone number when a sale is made to alert the store owner?

Is their an add on that will allow this? or can someone suggest a way to do this. I am willing to make a donation for your time on this and thank you in advance for any replies.

Hi,

I hope I have asked the below question in the correct area.

My query is can the Oscommecrce store be configured to send a text to a mobile telephone number when a sale is made to alert the store owner?

Is their an add on that will allow this? or can someone suggest a way to do this. I am willing to make a donation for your time on this and thank you in advance for any replies.

You can simply add your email account to the Admin | Configuration | My Store | Send Extra Order Emails To settings. This will send the new purchase info to whatever email you setup here. My mobile phone has a text messaging feature which is actually an email address so this works quite nicely.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

From what I've seen, it's fairly simple, you just need two variables to enable it from the customer.

1.) their service provider (Sprint, Verizon, ATT, etc..)

2.) their actual phone number.

See now a-days the phone system is completely digital, there aren't anymore analog phone systems. So if you can get their number, and have a drop down list, you could potentially send an email to just "[email protected]", or "[email protected]". I forget what the ACTUAL email location is, but it's able to be found on the internet fairly easy.

From what I've seen, it's fairly simple, you just need two variables to enable it from the customer.

1.) their service provider (Sprint, Verizon, ATT, etc..)

2.) their actual phone number.

See now a-days the phone system is completely digital, there aren't anymore analog phone systems. So if you can get their number, and have a drop down list, you could potentially send an email to just "[email protected]", or "[email protected]". I forget what the ACTUAL email location is, but it's able to be found on the internet fairly easy.

Exactly

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived