• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding Orders Sporadically- Paypal

vdixit14

My client uses the Paypal on the website and we are experiencing a unique trouble:--

When user pays through PayPal (2 out of 3) , even though the payment is procesed by PayPal and mone deposited into my client account. The order itself does not show up on the admin section of the website. It's like users selects the product, pays for it through paypal, payment is made but the order never shows up.

I am just confused as to why it is happening. Any help or pointers would be appreciated???

My client uses the Paypal on the website and we are experiencing a unique trouble:--

When user pays through PayPal (2 out of 3) , even though the payment is procesed by PayPal and mone deposited into my client account. The order itself does not show up on the admin section of the website. It's like users selects the product, pays for it through paypal, payment is made but the order never shows up.

I am just confused as to why it is happening. Any help or pointers would be appreciated???

Use Paypal IPN .. the order wont show up unless the customer returns back to your site. Paypal IPN corrects this issue. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Also on a further note. If you install the master password add-on you can most likely login to your customers account to see what they ordered. If they never returned back to the site their carts are usually still saved.

Use Paypal IPN .. the order wont show up unless the customer returns back to your site. Paypal IPN corrects this issue. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Also on a further note. If you install the master password add-on you can most likely login to your customers account to see what they ordered. If they never returned back to the site their carts are usually still saved.

I might sound stupid, but how do you use Paypal IPN? I am still trying to figure this ecommerce solution? Please adivse. Thanks for the help.

I might sound stupid, but how do you use Paypal IPN? I am still trying to figure this ecommerce solution? Please adivse. Thanks for the help.

Paypal_IPN is an easy install.. just download the latest from that link and follow the instructions. If you have an unmodified store, you really don't need to configure much other then your email address.

Paypal_IPN is an easy install.. just download the latest from that link and follow the instructions. If you have an unmodified store, you really don't need to configure much other then your email address.

After I install it do I need to remove the old PayPal module which is present by default or it is an addition to the existing and i just need to enable it and disable the old one......assuming i can not have 2 paypal showing up to customer.

Thanks again!

After I install it do I need to remove the old PayPal module which is present by default or it is an addition to the existing and i just need to enable it and disable the old one......assuming i can not have 2 paypal showing up to customer.

Thanks again!

Yeah you would just disable the old paypal module after installing the new. Make sure its disabled before you activate the new one.

Archived