• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sub-categories wont show-up

paperpixels

When I click on a category, and it takes me to the category page, for some reason the subcategories dont show up in the <!-- body_text //--> ... where or what am i supposed to modify/add and where to make it appear?

Thanks in advance,

This person was having the same problem:

Click Me

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

This person was having the same problem:

Click Me

Maybe I didnt quite clearly state the problem... but this is what it's like in my configuration -> product listing

Display Product Image - 1

Display Product Manufaturer Name - 0

Display Product Model - 0

Display Product Name - 2

Display Product Price - 3

Display Product Quantity - 0

Display Product Weight - 0

Display Buy Now column - 4

Display Category/Manufacturer Filter (0=disable; 1=enable) - 1

Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) - 2

so by what i see that is not the problem...

To be more specific, what i want to achieve is: when a customer clicks on a category that has subcategories in it, and when he is taken to the category's page, I want all of the subcategories to be displayed as links (preferably with images) at the beginning of the <!-- body_text //--> ... I've seen this on many osCommerce stores.

if this helps then here is the website link.. just so that you can visualize the problem...

Here's the link

now if you click "123" under the product categories: it will take you to 'index.php?cPath=50'

now if you look on the left, under "product categories" you will see that category "123" has 6 sub-categories under it now. but if you look at the <body text> ...

they are not listed there. why is that? how can I get it to show?

if this helps then here is the website link.. just so that you can visualize the problem...

Here's the link

now if you click "123" under the product categories: it will take you to 'index.php?cPath=50'

now if you look on the left, under "product categories" you will see that category "123" has 6 sub-categories under it now. but if you look at the <body text> ...

they are not listed there. why is that? how can I get it to show?

I can see the menu code for all the categories. If your able to see the 6 categories then the code is there you just need to find it in your source. Now if your talking about something else please better explain.

Maybe turn cache off while your developing.. sometimes it can cache previous code and not reflect your recent changes.

I can see the menu code for all the categories. If your able to see the 6 categories then the code is there you just need to find it in your source. Now if your talking about something else please better explain.

Maybe turn cache off while your developing.. sometimes it can cache previous code and not reflect your recent changes.

yes thats what i mean :lol: i know that the code is in there somewhere but i just dont know how do i enable it? how can i enable it? where is that code located? I think that it might be maybe somewhere in the index.php file but i cant quite figure out where exactly is it... can someone please tell me where the code is that's responsible for the creation of the subcategories?

yes thats what i mean :lol: i know that the code is in there somewhere but i just dont know how do i enable it? how can i enable it? where is that code located? I think that it might be maybe somewhere in the index.php file but i cant quite figure out where exactly is it... can someone please tell me where the code is that's responsible for the creation of the subcategories?

The code for the categories is located in the boxes directory.

includes/boxes/categories.php

The file name might be named something else depending on any mods.

Archived