• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on header

Hi, can someone visit my site and give me some feedback on my header?? I don't know what to do with it....its not clicking for me :blush: .....so can you give me some pointers on what you think would be appealing.... www.natualherbs4naturalliving.com

Thanks....and dont hold back :)

You might want to update your link in your main post to www.naturalherbs4naturalliving.com :)

\

:lol: cant believe I did that... :lol:

\

:lol: cant believe I did that... :lol:

:lol: it happens :P

can i be totally honest with you?? ... that header DEFINATELY needs to go.....makes ur site look cheap ... maybe add some images of a product or something like that or some herbs....and definately get rid of that curved text....just my 2cents :)

i agree. You need a MUCH more professional header. I would look at commercial websites headers. That is where i get my inspiration from. I like the idea of putting a photo of an herb on there with some solid basic text. what program did you use to make it?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

:lol: it happens :P

can i be totally honest with you?? ... that header DEFINATELY needs to go.....makes ur site look cheap ... maybe add some images of a product or something like that or some herbs....and definately get rid of that curved text....just my 2cents :)

Thanks for your feedback.... I was thinking the same thing....I just dont know how to come up with a decent header :(

i agree. You need a MUCH more professional header. I would look at commercial websites headers. That is where i get my inspiration from. I like the idea of putting a photo of an herb on there with some solid basic text. what program did you use to make it?

I used photoshop to make the header....

do you have Adobe Illustrator? you can do A LOT more with illustrator than photoshop.. and just get your inspiration form other websites

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

do you have Adobe Illustrator? you can do A LOT more with illustrator than photoshop.. and just get your inspiration form other websites

Ok, I have added a new header to my store...can someone tell me if this looks professional or not?? and tell me what you think of the sound effects in the background....should I add it or do with out??

THanks

Ok, I have added a new header to my store...can someone tell me if this looks professional or not?? and tell me what you think of the sound effects in the background....should I add it or do with out??

THanks

Ok much better than before....needs a bit more work but your on the right track so keep it up (also I cant see your links to My Account, Cart Contents and Checkout + your breadcrumbs .... ur header is too dark in those places...either fix the header or the text displaying these links)...

Background music = a BIG NO NO!!! stay way away from that..yet another useless and cheap feature people use....remember you want to look PROFESSIONAL ... i don't know about you but I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from a site with background music :lol:

i do like that one a LOT LOT LOT better, but what quality are you using? It looks grainy.. A nice crisp picture of the same thing would be AWESOME.. also you store name is overlapping the work CATALOG and like stated above, the My Account, ect is a little too dark to read. You can change the text to a lighter color, which would not look bad, or reposition your banner..

very nice work though.

i do like that one a LOT LOT LOT better, but what quality are you using? It looks grainy.. A nice crisp picture of the same thing would be AWESOME.. also you store name is overlapping the work CATALOG and like stated above, the My Account, ect is a little too dark to read. You can change the text to a lighter color, which would not look bad, or reposition your banner..

very nice work though.

Thank you so much for the feedback.. :D im glad you approve of the new header..it makes me feel B) :lol: im going to work on making the header more crisp..and as of the account text..ect...ive been trying to fix that but dont know how...it only does that in firefox though :angry:....if you view my site in I.E its fine.....

i would also change the word catalog to the word HOME.. when i see catalog, i usually assume it is an entier listing of the categories, or products..

its looking really good though!!

Archived