• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a "Newbie" section on this website

BellaBabe

I was wondering if there is a newbie section somewhere on this site so that people like me that don't have much of an idea can ask questions with out p'ing off the rest of the forum.

www.bellababycakes.com.au

Nope...

:blush:

Newbs, old-timers, idiots, genius's, and anyone in between all post in the same place- ALL OVER!

:lol:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Anything that drives me crazy is taking an awfully short trip...

:wacko:

If you have a question or two, I'll try to help.

:rolleyes:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Well I have been on an eternal quest to find the footer tag so I can up load the powered by oscommerce thingy.

I had my site made and now that I want to make certian changes I have no idea where to start.

I also don't know how to add on any of the add ons, a kind oscommercer explained that the instructions are with the add on but it may as well be written in chinese.

www.bellababycakes.com.au

Well I have been on an eternal quest to find the footer tag so I can up load the powered by oscommerce thingy.

Well, I'm not going to be any help there.

I went to your site, and in the HTML source I see:

<!-- Page layout by Simple Template System (STS) v3.00 Beta 2 on osCommerce Loaded AU pr3 - http://www.diamondsea.com/sts/ -->

I can't even spell STS....

:huh:

I'd suggest finding the STS support thread and post in it.

I also don't know how to add on any of the add ons, a kind oscommercer explained that the instructions are with the add on but it may as well be written in chinese.

The add-ons come with instructions on what to change, etc.

If you don't know what you're doing it'd probably behoove you to solicit help (paid or unpaid).

When I upload an add on am I doing it thru my control panel or do I have to go to the web page host and do it thru that site.

You can upload via the Cpanel.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I know what it is, more or less.

I just don't know the file structure.

That's why I can't tell you where put the code for your "powered by oscommerce thingy".

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Yep.. Just 95%.

The other 5% is sales tax....

:lol:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I had my site made and now that I want to make certian changes I have no idea where to start.

STS uses an html template located in includes/sts_templates/. There may be more than one there. You need to look in admin->Modules->STS to know which you are using. Once you determine that, open that html file and the footer information is near the bottom.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived