• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need OSC installation advice: old (Fantastico) versus new

xseption

I installed my current version and associated problems/revisions using Fantastico. Reading through some of the fixes, I am beginning to see that versions loaded using Fantastico are problematic.

So, should I install a new version of OSC directly or fix old version that was loaded using Fantastico? Or another way to look at it would be which could I get up quicker? I been trying to fix this damn thing for days ...

Please advise ... and thanks!

~ edd

Help! I am a noob!!

if your shop has not been modified a lot then install a new one would be the answer, otherwise there is no easy answer.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

if your shop has not been modified a lot then install a new one would be the answer, otherwise there is no easy answer.

Ken

It's new installation using Fantastico. I was trying to use the same databases from an old version of OSC. I have only altered one table and very, very little code (no mods).

Ant suggestions on databases from an old version of OSC?

thanks!

~ edd

Help! I am a noob!!

if both sites are on same server, you could just link both sites to the same db. your host should be of help regarding this issue.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Archived