• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help needed .. please :O)

Hi all ..

I have a problem maybe someone can point me in the right direction :o)..

I have forgot my administrator password !! am a silly fool and thought i had wrote it down.. i cant seem to find anything that helps with retrieving it and log in am pulling my hair out totally.. :o(

can anyone help.. please

Sara

If you access your database via phpMyAdmin, select the administrators table and delete the user name and password, the next time you go to your admin, it will prompt you to create a new user name/password combo.

Hi .. thanks for replying so quickly :o)

please forgive me for sounding so dumb i've been at work all night lol.. i only installed earlier today, am not sure if i have phpmyadmin is that a seperate download ??

sorry if i am a pain.. !!

sara

All hosts have some form of GUI for you to access your database. Usually this is phpMyAdmin but not always. If you log in to your host's control panel, you will see a link labeled phpMyAdmin or Databases or something that would indicate this is where you need to click.

ahh right .. ok i found that and well had to delete the data base and create a new one !! i think i may need to start from scratch as i now cannot get the admin log on screen just an error message..

thank you for your help though

Sara

You didn't need to delete the entire database. I think you will need to start again as RC2 has some configuration values set during installation. For future reference, before you make any changes to the database or files, make sure you have made a backup first.

ooopsss..

oh well .. its all a learning process, :(

i am going to start all over again and will not forget to write the log in passwrd this time .. lol..

thanks again for your help

...you can just edit your .htpasswd in your /catalog/admin/ dir ... dont know why u'd need to go through the whole database side of things...

Because the administrator's password is in the administrators table, in the database.

right guys.. i have re-started everything and now back to configuring my site (phewwww) i will get the hang of this.. prob be in and out of here for a while lol..

nite for now :o)

Sara

Archived