• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Backup Errors. Unable to restore from backup

whoezdaboss

Hello,

Whenever I try the built-in backup feature in oscommerce, I get an error:

1170 - BLOB/TEXT column 'session_id' used in key specification without a key length

create table paypal_session ( unique_id int(11) not null auto_increment, session_id text not null , saved_session blob not null , expiry int(17) default '0' not null , PRIMARY KEY (unique_id), KEY idx_session_id_zen (session_id) )

[TEP STOP]

1146 - Table 'carampan.sessions' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = 'ae27c6cd5c5ce6f44d2ab1487aef4de9'

[TEP STOP]

This error is displayed within the admin's backup page.

This is the error on the actual pages of the cart:

select value from sessions where sesskey = 'ce4bac7618085a9188ae9c94adfb4701' and expiry > '1213074350'

[TEP STOP]

I am using Valueweb as my host, and they are not able to help me out.

I have tried to run a backup from within the account control panel for the mysql database, but that does not help either. Can someone please see what can be causing this error?

-Meraj

Whenever I try the built-in backup feature in oscommerce, I get an error:

1170 - BLOB/TEXT column 'session_id' used in key specification without a key length

create table paypal_session ( unique_id int(11) not null auto_increment, session_id text not null , saved_session blob not null , expiry int(17) default '0' not null , PRIMARY KEY (unique_id), KEY idx_session_id_zen (session_id) )

I get the idea you're telling porkies here...

Anyway, if the fork you use still uses the osC database backup manager the problem is likely that the original one was never coded to backup blob columns. So if the sql command needs a little change for that, the backup is no good. Perhaps you can change it manually in your backup by making a backup of the table definition in phpMyAdmin and copy/paste that in the backup on the place where the table definition for that table is.

[TEP STOP]

If the restore did not succeed because of the error, the tables after the table paypal_session haven't been restored (but were deleted I guess).

You could try the newer "Database backup manager" contribution. That uses the built-in MySQL function for getting table definitions. Can't give you the link at the moment because the addon server is too slow.

Archived