• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CONTRIBUTION Product Quick Edit

spooks

The contrib is multi-lingual now & shows seperate entries for each language you have 'active', I suspect you have failed to ensure you have entries for all fields for all languages.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

The contrib is multi-lingual now & shows seperate entries for each language you have 'active', I suspect you have failed to ensure you have entries for all fields for all languages.

That is correct, I only have english versions. Is there any way to just display the english only? If not, it's really not a huge deal, I am extremely happy with the time this contribution saves!

In admin/Languages delete all languages except english

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Would that be admin/includes/languages?

no, log into admin, goto Localization select Languages and delete all languages except english

Sam

Contributions:

• 4 months later...

It could be done, what have you tried?

Sam

Contributions:

It could be done, what have you tried?

Hi,

I have found a contrib that lets you update the special prices directly in the product update function of the categories.php, so I have found a solution and I do not need the regular dropdown menu anymore.

Thx anyway.

• 1 month later...

Product Quick Edit

Y have "Admin_level_account_with_categories"

// BOE Access with Level Account (v. 2.2a) for the Admin Area of osCommerce (MS2) 1 of 1

$contents[] = array('text' => tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRICE_UPDATER, BOX_CATALOG_PRICE_UPDATER) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_REVIEWS, BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_START_PRODUCT, BOX_CATALOG_START_PRODUCT) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_SPECIALS, BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED));

// EOE Access with Level Account (v. 2.2a) for the Admin Area of osCommerce (MS2) 1 of 1

in boxes/catalog.php find:

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

Replace with:

??????????????????????????????????Help me!

Product Quick Edit

Y have "Admin_level_account_with_categories"

// BOE Access with Level Account (v. 2.2a) for the Admin Area of osCommerce (MS2) 1 of 1

$contents[] = array('text' => tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRICE_UPDATER, BOX_CATALOG_PRICE_UPDATER) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_REVIEWS, BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_START_PRODUCT, BOX_CATALOG_START_PRODUCT) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_SPECIALS, BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED));

// EOE Access with Level Account (v. 2.2a) for the Admin Area of osCommerce (MS2) 1 of 1

in boxes/catalog.php find:

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

which is tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS) .

Replace with:

??????????????????????????????????Help me!

U make no sense?

Please state you question clearly.

Sam

Contributions:

• 3 months later...

I find your contribution very useful for solve my problem. :rolleyes:

I just mod your 2 files for edit the date of creating products (products_date_added) in db, so now, in products_new.php (that was customized for my template) i just find the products listened in the order that i want.

If anyone is interested i update the two files.

Edited by dbareanet

• 1 month later...
None of my clients use Products Extra Fields, so I have no insentive to add it sorry.

Hello,

I love this contrib. Very useful for me as well.

Is there a way to ad manufacturers? I use it for a condition field as I have "Good", "Very Good", "Like New" etc. and the drop down choices that that field has are very handy for my conditions. I tried putting it into the code but am very confused as to how to go about it as it is a bit different type of field than the others being a drop down and so on. I can get the field to show but it is a blank drop down box since I see where to define it but not how to pull the data into it.

that would be splendid. Thanks

Hello,

I love this contrib. Very useful for me as well.

Is there a way to ad manufacturers? I use it for a condition field as I have "Good", "Very Good", "Like New" etc. and the drop down choices that that field has are very handy for my conditions. I tried putting it into the code but am very confused as to how to go about it as it is a bit different type of field than the others being a drop down and so on. I can get the field to show but it is a blank drop down box since I see where to define it but not how to pull the data into it.

that would be splendid. Thanks

I'll take a look when I`ve time, but u may be able to sort it your seld, this thread details the drop methods

Sam

Contributions:

• 2 weeks later...
I'll take a look when I`ve time, but u may be able to sort it your seld, this thread details the drop methods

I am still fiddling with it almost there.

By the way I noticed when I have an edit screen open and get logged off, I losed the data for that record except for the image. Is there a way to keep log off from removing my data from the database? Also how do we set the login length of time? Where do we tell it maybe never log off? Thanks

Stefanie

Simpler Admin Session Length Control gives a mod to set session time in admin

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5899

;)

Sam

Contributions:

• 4 months later...

Sam, I am going to have to do some editing to make this work for me, so a question, if I may.

For info, I added a couple of fields, my supplier and the suppliers product number. I will be editing the search routine to also search the vendors_products_id column, which is one of the added fields. Then add those fields into the form. And finally, I need to make the quantity on hand field editable because that is what I use this for mostly. Changing price and qoh.

I will likely continue to modify it to match my product admin with the few add ons that I use. Individual shipping methods, for one. And, change the image routine to allow editing and not force local browsing.

See any problems with me doing these? Any limitations you know of that would prevent this?

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Sam, I am going to have to do some editing to make this work for me, so a question, if I may.

For info, I added a couple of fields, my supplier and the suppliers product number. I will be editing the search routine to also search the vendors_products_id column, which is one of the added fields. Then add those fields into the form. And finally, I need to make the quantity on hand field editable because that is what I use this for mostly. Changing price and qoh.

I will likely continue to modify it to match my product admin with the few add ons that I use. Individual shipping methods, for one. And, change the image routine to allow editing and not force local browsing.

See any problems with me doing these? Any limitations you know of that would prevent this?

No, though its some time since I looked at this.

As I recall there is a var in the code to switch quantity field edit on/off

Sam

Contributions:

No, though its some time since I looked at this.

As I recall there is a var in the code to switch quantity field edit on/off

Yes, there is, thank you for that. The only thing that is unusual is that the 'default' is to update without previewing. Actually works better for me. I like it like that...

Most of the other stuff is trivial and come to think of it, I really don't use those others much so when I need to I can simply use the full editor... But it's working great. Thanks

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Hi I have just downloaded the quick edit everything works well except the thing I want to work. It brings up my stock quantity but its not highlighted in a box so it cannot be edited. What have I done wrong??

Regards Mel

I have just noticed on spooks last post that there is a var in the code to switch it on and off. Anyone like to tell me where it is and what the code should read.

Thanks Mel

<br />I have just noticed on spooks last post that there is a var in the code to switch it on and off. Anyone like to tell me where it is and what the code should read.<br /><br />Thanks Mel<br />
<br /><br /><br />

its detailed in the included text file!!

Sam

Contributions: