• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Would Appreciate FeedBack

jessegour

Just nipped in to get the thread off the ground.

Get rid of the click to enter. Either I know your store or will go off somewhere else. It is not as if it is an adult site.

Looked at the first page andwondered, what are you selling?

Title bar is 3/4 blank and the page is full of words. I am not really interested in how hard you have worked to select your product line or how many children you have, I want to see your goods.

Only have one language so why have a language selector?

You appear to be more interested in selling banner space than selling your product.

Couldn't find your address anywhere on the site so on principle wouldn't buy from you.

Anyone else?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Just nipped in to get the thread off the ground.

Get rid of the click to enter. Either I know your store or will go off somewhere else. It is not as if it is an adult site.

Looked at the first page andwondered, what are you selling?

Title bar is 3/4 blank and the page is full of words. I am not really interested in how hard you have worked to select your product line or how many children you have, I want to see your goods.

Only have one language so why have a language selector?

You appear to be more interested in selling banner space than selling your product.

Couldn't find your address anywhere on the site so on principle wouldn't buy from you.

Anyone else?

I agree get ride of the intro. When i go to sites that have them i just leave and do my shopping somewere else. Just my two cents.

Don't audit life, show up and make the most of it now. Legally, of course!

I agree get ride of the intro. When i go to sites that have them i just leave and do my shopping somewere else. Just my two cents.

ok. Thank you very much. I'll do just that...get rid of the intro and switch on the new products for the month. The banners ...hmmm..ok will put them on another page. I would appreciate more feedback after that.

Some from me:

1. Lose the intro page. There's just no need.

2. Your images are all on white backgrounds. Use transparency, or change background to match your store background

3. You have a massive amount of links from your homepage. Some of these go to other companies selling kids clothes. Are you trying to send your customers to a competitor? If you have to keep these links, put them on a links page. It also makes your site very long.

4. Hit counter at the bottom shows how small you are. This is good if you advertise the fact that it'll save users money - but you don't.

5. Logo is squished left. Nothing in your header. That's loads of real estate that you're losing out on using.

6. All navigation is on the left and buried. Maybe bring that to the top.

7. Icons are default (search, mail, notificatiosn etc) are all default images and don't fit with your site's style. Change them in catalog/images/ directory.

8. Language. You're only using one language, so you don't need the language box.

9. Links we Love page has HTML showing.

10. You say that you're VeriSign assured, but don't have the seal anywhere. This should be in the checkout AT LEAST. Same for BBOnline etc.

Hope these help.

Some from me:

1. Lose the intro page. There's just no need.

2. Your images are all on white backgrounds. Use transparency, or change background to match your store background

3. You have a massive amount of links from your homepage. Some of these go to other companies selling kids clothes. Are you trying to send your customers to a competitor? If you have to keep these links, put them on a links page. It also makes your site very long.

4. Hit counter at the bottom shows how small you are. This is good if you advertise the fact that it'll save users money - but you don't.

5. Logo is squished left. Nothing in your header. That's loads of real estate that you're losing out on using.

6. All navigation is on the left and buried. Maybe bring that to the top.

7. Icons are default (search, mail, notificatiosn etc) are all default images and don't fit with your site's style. Change them in catalog/images/ directory.

8. Language. You're only using one language, so you don't need the language box.

9. Links we Love page has HTML showing.

10. You say that you're VeriSign assured, but don't have the seal anywhere. This should be in the checkout AT LEAST. Same for BBOnline etc.

Hope these help.

Thank you very much for all your advice. I will make the necessary changes. Please keep the feedbacks rolling as I update my site for better. I would greatly appreciate .

Regards

Jess

I would rewrite the

P.S:Before you purchase our products, please be sure to read our policies as they are very important that you are happy with our options, thank you.

Or lose it altogether, I just think although I could be wrong that most online just want to get shopping. If they want to read your terms and conditions before purchasing they will look for it regardless of a p.s.

Also your links page has exposed coding in it and your sending your customer base to the competition.

www.bellababycakes.com.au

I would rewrite the

P.S:Before you purchase our products, please be sure to read our policies as they are very important that you are happy with our options, thank you.

Or lose it altogether, I just think although I could be wrong that most online just want to get shopping. If they want to read your terms and conditions before purchasing they will look for it regardless of a p.s.

Also your links page has exposed coding in it and your sending your customer base to the competition.

Ok will lose that part and the links taking to competition..well I'm a very good person. If they like my products they should by from me and look at other competitors. We help each other right? At least thats what I think. But really thank you for the feedback.

you still have a CLICK TO ENTER which is ANNOYING. PLEASE get rid of it.

I would also get rid of the firefox emblem on the site (i dont need to know if it works with firefox or not) Also the site meter is just clutter, i would get rid of that too, most people dont care of the uptime or downtime.. same with the copy safe.. NONE of that is useful to your customers.

your banner background is a different color background than tthe rest of your store, that should be changed. You can get the background color code number and use that in re-working your banner

get rid of the text that says "we accept visa.. blah blah bla" the people can see just to the left that you accept those cards, you have a logo's right there

get rid of the "give us a try. You won't regret it" That is a basic marketing no no, Regret It should never enter a customers mind while looking at a store online, regardless of the context.

it says Table_heading_new_product on ALL of your boxes.. go through the knowledge base and search infoboxes and learn how to get rid of that.

the subcategory Baby Shoes is missing an image

Since there is only ONE subcategory for Baby Slings, get rid of it and call EVERYTHING baby slings (no organic hemp baby slings category if thats all you sell)

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

you still have a CLICK TO ENTER which is ANNOYING. PLEASE get rid of it.

I would also get rid of the firefox emblem on the site (i dont need to know if it works with firefox or not) Also the site meter is just clutter, i would get rid of that too, most people dont care of the uptime or downtime.. same with the copy safe.. NONE of that is useful to your customers.

your banner background is a different color background than tthe rest of your store, that should be changed. You can get the background color code number and use that in re-working your banner

get rid of the text that says "we accept visa.. blah blah bla" the people can see just to the left that you accept those cards, you have a logo's right there

get rid of the "give us a try. You won't regret it" That is a basic marketing no no, Regret It should never enter a customers mind while looking at a store online, regardless of the context.

it says Table_heading_new_product on ALL of your boxes.. go through the knowledge base and search infoboxes and learn how to get rid of that.

the subcategory Baby Shoes is missing an image

Since there is only ONE subcategory for Baby Slings, get rid of it and call EVERYTHING baby slings (no organic hemp baby slings category if thats all you sell)

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it. Hpw do I get rid of the intro with the click to enter. oscommerce, my shopping cart is at www.kidzoasis.com/store. how are ppl gg to get in with www.kidzoasis.com?

I got rid some of the other unwanted stuff but not all will come back to it tmrw. Thank you. I appreciate your help.

regards

Jess

www.kidzoasis.com

if you go to your host control panel, there should be a section that says re-directs or manage domains. Either way, depending on your host, you just enter a redirect so that if someone types kidzoasis.com it will automatically send them to kidzoasis.com/store

Notice if you type furryfamilysupplies.com, while the page loads, you will see furryfamilysupplies.com/catalog

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

if you go to your host control panel, there should be a section that says re-directs or manage domains. Either way, depending on your host, you just enter a redirect so that if someone types kidzoasis.com it will automatically send them to kidzoasis.com/store

Notice if you type furryfamilysupplies.com, while the page loads, you will see furryfamilysupplies.com/catalog

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards

Jess

i see that you got the redirect working.. VERY NICE..

Archived