• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning messges during installation

Slkrz

Ok, I'm totally new at this, so let me just put down what happened... I uploaded the catalog directory to my web server using FTP, and got a database set up with my webhost... even have a 128-bit SSL cert already... the problem now is that when I installed OSCommerce, it goes through all the 4 steps smoothly, until the ending, and I get this...

Warning: fopen(C:/hosting/******/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\hosting\*****\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 116

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\hosting\******\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 117

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\hosting\******\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 118

The installation and configuration was successful!

After that when I click on the admin page, I get a pop up asking me for my ID password... but apparently, the id and password isn't the one I used for my database or anything...

Can anyone help?

Ok, I'm totally new at this, so let me just put down what happened... I uploaded the catalog directory to my web server using FTP, and got a database set up with my webhost... even have a 128-bit SSL cert already... the problem now is that when I installed OSCommerce, it goes through all the 4 steps smoothly, until the ending, and I get this...

Warning: fopen(C:/hosting/******/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\hosting\*****\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 116

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\hosting\******\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 117

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\hosting\******\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_4.php on line 118

The installation and configuration was successful!

After that when I click on the admin page, I get a pop up asking me for my ID password... but apparently, the id and password isn't the one I used for my database or anything...

Can anyone help?

fopen(C:/hosting etc ask your web host

The install process asked for two usernames and passwords, the second was the one for your admin area.

fopen(C:/hosting etc ask your web host

The install process asked for two usernames and passwords, the second was the one for your admin area.

thanks for the help... but my ID and passwords are the same throughout... server, webhost and everything... Is there any way I can redo the whole process?

thanks for the help... but my ID and passwords are the same throughout... server, webhost and everything... Is there any way I can redo the whole process?

Drop the database, recreate it, delete the files from the web, recopy the files to the web, repeat the install process.

Archived