• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database Restore

ting

I've been using Easy Populate to populate products in my database. I did a back up but the populate didn't work (I think) and I want to do a back up. When I use the back up from admin it times out so I need to do it using mysql....but I don't know how, can anyone help??

Thank you

The easier way is to use the phpmyadmin program in your hosts control panel, assuming they have it installed. It will have to be a fairly recent version or it won't be able to handle the large database either.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Sorry for being thick, but I'm so paranoid I'm going to wreck the whole database! I've downloaded the OScommerce admin back up onto a local folder, I've now gone into my hosts control panel and to the phpadmin page but I can't see an option for restore. My host does have a panel called "back up & store" and I've uploaded the saved back up but there's a message saying this isn't a back up file so I can't restore. Do you have any further suggestions. :blush:

Are you wanting to backup the database or restore it? Your first post says backup but the next says restore. If you want to back it up, then your host should have an area where you can downlaod a copy of your database.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived