• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What do you guys think about my site?

lexide

To get feed back on your store in this forum you need to display powered by osCommerce

Go into the footer (includes/footer.php) and add this line:

<p>Powered by <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com">osCommerce</a></p>

To get feed back on your store in this forum you need to display powered by osCommerce

Go into the footer (includes/footer.php) and add this line:

I've got deja vu...

I would not even bother commenting as its another over used template that is not even worth talking about anymore.

Get an original design then come back for feedback (in the correct forum of course)

Aran

You've still not got the link - only static text.

This is a hyperlink back to osC :-)

You do not need to have the link - only the text.

It is a template - what exactly do you want comments on?

My bad :huh: I though you needed a link to osc too.

Right. In that case, I'm happy to help:

1. Your logo is very small compared to teh space it's allocated. Use the space - it looks lonely.

2. What do you sell? The products seem very varied.

3. "Moneyback guarantee" goes to your "specials.php" page - not a dedicated info page

4. Enlarged images are the same image - at same size. Use a contribution to allow you to show larger previews. Maybe Lightbox...

5. Your store is all coloured - except the PayPal/cards at the bottom. Look out of place. Put them in colour.

6. http://lexide.byethost4.com/includes/langu...button_back.gif image doesn't exist, so is missing from pages like search results.

7. The Flash banner doesn't offer any text and opens the store in a new window when clicked. Not sure what it's purpose is.

8.Your headers aren't seo friendly. Have a look at the header tags seo contribution.

9. About Us (top) goes to your account.

Hope these help.

Danny

Mate,

Obiously it's all good feedback ;-)

I couldn't wait for the flash.. very slow dial up!

How about a real domain name that says something about what you sell?

KB

one thing that i ALWAYS look for when purchasing online is good, solid, contact info. I like to know that there is a working phone number that i could call and a mailing adress.. i suggest adding those to your contact us page.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

wow many thx to datamouse, it really helped me :) for all people not know what to say look at datamouses post:P

the domain name is now www.ar-es.co.nr

Thank you.

1. Images are squashed. Look for a contribution that allows you to have one thumbnail and a different enlarge picture. There's quite a few on here.

2. There's a lot of products on your homepage. Maybe show the first 6 or 7 products only - or even, just featured products. It's less for customers to scroll through.

3. If you ignore 2, add in the "next page" link at the top of the list, too, so you don't have to scroll down pages before you can navigate to the next page.

4. When there are no products in a category (such as Specials), your "categories" title is out of place vertically on IE6 (not checked on others). You can check layouts on different browsers at browsershots.org

HTH

Archived