• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where do I change the admin panel password?

sallypointer

After a massive server faliure, my site has been reinstalled by my webhost and in the process its locked me out of the Admin logon. I downloaded and ran this

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5857

and got a success message, but it doesnt indicate where to go to change the password. If I got to my shop/admin, I just get the pop up asking for the password. I have no idea where to look for the part where I need to input the new one.

Could anyone help please? I hope I'm just being dense and its lal perfectly obvious but hiding from me.

Sally

Hiya,

If you get a pop up, then its probably version milestone 2.2 that you are using, in this case the reset Admin will not work as its not stored in the database.

Its a very simple script that flushes the info from the administrators tables, so when you go to admin after it will tell you that you have to enter a new user name and password.

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Hiya,

If you get a pop up, then its probably version milestone 2.2 that you are using, in this case the reset Admin will not work as its not stored in the database.

Its a very simple script that flushes the info from the administrators tables, so when you go to admin after it will tell you that you have to enter a new user name and password.

Regards

Nic

Thanks for the reply Nic, I've just been into my web control panel and can't find anything called password protect. Is there anything else it could be called?

Thanks for the reply Nic, I've just been into my web control panel and can't find anything called password protect. Is there anything else it could be called?

HIya

Odd, this is normally a standard Control Panel feature

If you are using the older version, and you are not too far into the set up etc.. perhaps you should think of upgrading to the newset release candidate?

If not then if you look under the contributions for htaccess there is sure to be a contribution that will help you out.

If you canno tfind anything give me a shout and i am sure i have something here to help you.

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Archived