• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"categories" hacked!

tropiland

hello to all,

When I enter my osCommerce Administration page and click under Catalog , Categories/Products, where it use to list all categories' names it now shows "Hacked By_FatiH" as category name. When I click the yellow folder icon next to each category, it takes me to the normal product pages like before where all products are shown fine. How can I correct my category names to the original pre-hacker ones. I have back-up files from before.

Your site was hacked. You can just enter the correct category names again and wait for your site to get hacked again ... and again. You need to also secure your admin by password protecting the directory and change admin directory name and make the changes in your configure.php files also. Then make sure that your files are all 644 permissions and your directories are 755 including the images directory. You will also need to make sure that there were no changes made to any of your files and no new ones added, if you have a previous backup that you are sure is clean you can download a file compare program and use that, other wise you are in trouble. Install Site Monitor contribution also as it will tell you what files have been added or changed if you ever get hacked again. Search the forum for other things to do also.

do you happen to know how they got in?

if you don't fix the hole they found.. they will just be back to do it again.

Your site was hacked. You can just enter the correct category names again and wait for your site to get hacked again ... and again. You need to also secure your admin by password protecting the directory and change admin directory name and make the changes in your configure.php files also. Then make sure that your files are all 644 permissions and your directories are 755 including the images directory. You will also need to make sure that there were no changes made to any of your files and no new ones added, if you have a previous backup that you are sure is clean you can download a file compare program and use that, other wise you are in trouble. Install Site Monitor contribution also as it will tell you what files have been added or changed if you ever get hacked again. Search the forum for other things to do also.

Thank you for the awesome advise! I changed all permissions and passwords as recommended but I still do not know how to make my categories box *and the administration--->catalog---->categories to show the actual category name and not "Hacked by FatiH".Any guidance on this would be appreciated

do you happen to know how they got in?

if you don't fix the hole they found.. they will just be back to do it again.

Negative! I do not know how they got in...I am hopping now that I changed the file permissions on every file and directory and put the whole database on a password that they will not be able to get in!

Negative! I do not know how they got in...I am hopping now that I changed the file permissions on every file and directory and put the whole database on a password that they will not be able to get in!

Depending on your version of osc, you may have to do some updates.

Archived