• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

Blogg

Hello...

I am having a problem with the index display. I get this error message under the What's New Here? It goes away with refresh. Here is the error message

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, products_date_available as date_expected from products p, products_description pd where to_days(products_date_available) >= to_days(now()) and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by date_expected desc limit 10

[TEP STOP]

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = 'd6a72b7e3ce8fc83690c6f4acbae1e01'

[TEP STOP]

Don't audit life, show up and make the most of it now. Legally, of course!

Check you have'nt issued any sql 'close' commands. Also are there any large files with the database?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Check you have'nt issued any sql 'close' commands. Also are there any large files with the database?

Hi spooks...

It came pre-installed with the hosting. all i did was fill in the blanks. the url is http://daddys-deals.com Also the banner rotator does not work

i just had this problem recently.

vger helped me figure out this problem.. but her board seems to be down right now.

i fixed my problem by upping the max limit in httpd.conf for sql connections

my value must have been too low for how many visitors i have and it made my site toss up errors on whos_online.

i still get the error periodically but not as much as before.. next time i'm logged into ssh i'm gonna try 500 instead of 200 for my limit and see how that works. :)

i just got this on whos_online again.

almost everytime this happens i have some sort of "guest" scanning a million pages at once. i wonder if they receive this same error.. if so, i may not change it. :)

if you find you still have errors, also try:

http://jayant7k.blogspot.com/2007/07/mysql-waittimeout.html

as i browse the web about this error i'm finding a lot of my default settings (for other things) are extremely low compared to the suggestions of others.

now i am not sure what initially caused error 2006 :)

but i just increased my wait time from 10 to 30.

Thanks, I will give it a try. I thought as big a membership as this site has there would have been someone that would say go to this folder , then go to this file and change this, same goes for the database. Thanks for all your help.... B)

what?

if you mean give you specifics... if that is what you need, just ask for them. none of us know your level of skill.

what?

if you mean give you specifics... if that is what you need, just ask for them. none of us know your level of skill.

Hi eww

Sorry if i sounded obtuse that was not my intension, I was expecting someone would come along and tell me were the problem was so i could fix it. I should have gave some thought to my post as not to offend anyone, i guess i should get more than 3 hours sleep before posting. :rolleyes:

Archived