• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Windows Vista (Ultimate) issue with osCommerce?

coraldynamics

Hello all, I have an interesting problem with my shop. It seems that Windows Vista (maybe just Ultimate) has a problem with osCommerce.

I noticed a few weeks ago that I was unable to create an account on the store's site while using my laptop (windows vista Ultimate). Once all the info was entered and the "Continue" button was pressed, the page was returned with all the fields blank (like a new create account page) Each time the info was re-entered the result was the same. If I hit the "refresh" button on the browser window, the account was created, and I was taken to the "Success" page.

I have another machine, Win XP Pro- and the account create operates as it should. Same on WinXP Home. I also have a Virtual Machine running on the Win Vista Ultimate laptop using WinXP and Win Vista Premium- Both of those installs operate as it should. To me this rules out the machine itself as a problem and narrows it down to Win Vista Ultimate.

So during all my testing... the only issue was the create account refresh problem. Now that Vista Service Pack 1 is out, I am having other issues. During the checkout process, if I change the delivery address, the page is reloaded with the address selections as if I had not selected anything. Also when selecting the shipping method the page is returned as if a selection was not entered. This means that I cannot check out. I have the MVS contribution installed, but I do not think that is the problem since it works fine on other operating systems.

Can others check this for me? I need people with Win Vista (all flavors), Win XP (Home/Pro) to verify my findings so I can get MS to help me as an issue with Vista Ultimate...and not as an issue with osCommerce.

The site is http://www.247aquariumsupply.com (also .mobi) I currently have the default CC payment option enabled so you can use CC # 4111 1111 1111 1111 with any future exp. date to place an order.

Please help me. I am out of suggestions, patience, and time.

Thank you

Steve

Hello all, I have an interesting problem with my shop. It seems that Windows Vista (maybe just Ultimate) has a problem with osCommerce.

I noticed a few weeks ago that I was unable to create an account on the store's site while using my laptop (windows vista Ultimate). Once all the info was entered and the "Continue" button was pressed, the page was returned with all the fields blank (like a new create account page) Each time the info was re-entered the result was the same. If I hit the "refresh" button on the browser window, the account was created, and I was taken to the "Success" page.

I have another machine, Win XP Pro- and the account create operates as it should. Same on WinXP Home. I also have a Virtual Machine running on the Win Vista Ultimate laptop using WinXP and Win Vista Premium- Both of those installs operate as it should. To me this rules out the machine itself as a problem and narrows it down to Win Vista Ultimate.

So during all my testing... the only issue was the create account refresh problem. Now that Vista Service Pack 1 is out, I am having other issues. During the checkout process, if I change the delivery address, the page is reloaded with the address selections as if I had not selected anything. Also when selecting the shipping method the page is returned as if a selection was not entered. This means that I cannot check out. I have the MVS contribution installed, but I do not think that is the problem since it works fine on other operating systems.

Can others check this for me? I need people with Win Vista (all flavors), Win XP (Home/Pro) to verify my findings so I can get MS to help me as an issue with Vista Ultimate...and not as an issue with osCommerce.

The site is http://www.247aquariumsupply.com (also .mobi) I currently have the default CC payment option enabled so you can use CC # 4111 1111 1111 1111 with any future exp. date to place an order.

Please help me. I am out of suggestions, patience, and time.

Thank you

Steve

Is Win Vista Ultimate using a newer version of ie? do you get this problem if using earlier versions of ie or firefox on vista?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Is Win Vista Ultimate using a newer version of ie? do you get this problem if using earlier versions of ie or firefox on vista?

So far all versions of OS I have used were using IE 7.0- I have not tried FireFox on Vista yet since I was able to narrow the issue down to only Vista Ultimate... what I cannot test is other flavors of Vista with the new SP1 installed.

I had a similar problem on Vista on a desktop, in both IE7 and Firefox2.

Turned out it was a security setting in IE7 that Firefox had inheritted.

If you go into your browser security, I'm sure it's in there.

Sorry to sound vague - but I'm on a Windows NT4 with IE6 at the moment and can't think what the setting was.

Danny

I had a similar problem on Vista on a desktop, in both IE7 and Firefox2.

Turned out it was a security setting in IE7 that Firefox had inheritted.

If you go into your browser security, I'm sure it's in there.

Sorry to sound vague - but I'm on a Windows NT4 with IE6 at the moment and can't think what the setting was.

Danny

Yes I am finding the same thing on both browsers. I looked thru the settings, but I will look again.

If you happen to remember I would appreciate the info.

Thanks to all who have responded so far. Has anyone had issues creating account or running thru the checkout with the fake CC?

Well, while playing some more, I find that hitting "refresh" after a page returns either blank or with the same data it started with causes the info change to take effect.

For example: on the checkout page, if I click to change the address, then select a new delivery address, clicking on continue brings up the same page were the list of addresses is. If I hit refresh, it reloads the checkout page with the new selected address in place.

Same thing with shipping, if I select a shipping method and click continue the page is reloaded as is, but if I hit refresh it takes the shipping info and passes me on to the payment screen.

HELP!!! lol

Ok, just rebuilt the entire site and database on a test server (without SSL) and all works fine. Copied everything from the test site to the production site, tested all is well with SSL off. Enabled SSL, and we are in the same boat again.

Moved over to a WinXP machine, everything works fine with SSL enabled.

This has to be related to Vista security and SSL, or at least the way it is handled by Vista...

If anyone knows a setting to make this work, please let me know.

I am scouring the MS site to see if there is any info, but MS thinks it's not their problem

Problem resolved.

Not sure what the deal was exactly-

Moved hosting account to new server, reissued SSL Cert. (Made the .com the default domain since it was using the .mobi and the .com was forwarded. But the SSL was issued for the .mobi so it should have been fine.) Maybe it was the way Vista handles the .mobi domain... We may never know.

Case closed-

Problem resolved.

Not sure what the deal was exactly-

Moved hosting account to new server, reissued SSL Cert. (Made the .com the default domain since it was using the .mobi and the .com was forwarded. But the SSL was issued for the .mobi so it should have been fine.) Maybe it was the way Vista handles the .mobi domain... We may never know.

Case closed-

The .mobi is new (?) and maybe it needs to be included in the tld.txt file

The .mobi is new (?) and maybe it needs to be included in the tld.txt file

That is a thought, it is not included in the current tld.txt file.

# $Id: tld.txt 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $
#
# osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
# http://www.oscommerce.com
#
# Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce
#
# Released under the GNU General Public License
#
# Original 7 TLDs
com	 # all are eligible to register
edu	 # degree-granting educational institutions of higher education
gov	 # United States Government
int	 # organizations established by international treaties
mil	 # United States Military
net	 # all are eligible to register
org	 # noncommercial community, all are eligible to register

# Recent additions
aero	# members of the air-transport industry
biz	 # businesses
coop	# cooperative associations
info	# all are eligible to register
museum  # museums
name	# individuals
pro	 # credentialed professionals

For that matter, .tv .asia .me might need to be there soon too.

Archived