• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Currencies Update

kbensch

Hi

I am new to osC and when I try to update currencies I get the following error.

Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Euro (EUR) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error Error: The exchange rate for Euro (EUR) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Great British Pound (GBP) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error Error: The exchange rate for Great British Pound (GBP) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

Can anybody help with this please?

I have tried searching but found nothing.

Thanks

Kobus

These error messages are indications that osC is working as expected.

These servers are publicly accessible data gateways to automatically update currency conversion software of all types throughout the world.

They are likely refusing your connection at this time because they are operating at capacity, a reason why two services are tried. Try connecting at another time of day.

For ALL problems, please review this link first -> osCommerce Knowledge Base

Hi

Thank you for the reply, but I have already tried several times and at several times of the day.

Is there anyway I can verify that it is truly working?

Can this action be put in a cronjob to update automatically?

Thanks

Kobus

Is your hosting service blocking access to these servers?

Are these servers blocking access from the netblock addresses of your hosting service?

There is a contribution to schedule admin scripts as 'cron' jobs. Never used it, but I imagine that it alleviates the need to modify the default scripts to be used as cron jobs.

For ALL problems, please review this link first -> osCommerce Knowledge Base

Archived