• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to add your store mini logo in the header of explorer

yacpro13

Hi yacpro,

What you are looking for is called a 'favicon.ico', they are usually 16 x 16 pixels but sometimes 32 x 32 pixel images, they can be saved as transparent and non-transparent images.

You can create your own Favicon following the guidelines above but most times it is even EASIER and FASTER to do a google search for 'FAVICON' or 'FAVICON GENERATOR', find yourself a good free Favicon generator(very easy) and simply load your favorite picture into and it will make an almost perfect mini logo image called 'favicon.ico'.

All you need to do to make your favicon.ico image work on EVERY webpage of you domain or sub-domain is UPLOAD it into the MAIN directory of your hosting provider (via ftp is fastest and best, but control panel upload works fine too)

[if you dont see favicon right after your next few webpage reloads, sometimes you need set favicon.ico 'PERMISSIONS' or 'File Attributes' - set them to 755]

ITS REAL EASY!

Hi yacpro,

What you are looking for is called a 'favicon.ico', they are usually 16 x 16 pixels but sometimes 32 x 32 pixel images, they can be saved as transparent and non-transparent images.

You can create your own Favicon following the guidelines above but most times it is even EASIER and FASTER to do a google search for 'FAVICON' or 'FAVICON GENERATOR', find yourself a good free Favicon generator(very easy) and simply load your favorite picture into and it will make an almost perfect mini logo image called 'favicon.ico'.

All you need to do to make your favicon.ico image work on EVERY webpage of you domain or sub-domain is UPLOAD it into the MAIN directory of your hosting provider (via ftp is fastest and best, but control panel upload works fine too)

[if you dont see favicon right after your next few webpage reloads, sometimes you need set favicon.ico 'PERMISSIONS' or 'File Attributes' - set them to 755]

ITS REAL EASY!

All done! Thanks for the help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I am very new at this but I tried to do what you said. I did everything right (I'm fairly sure) but the little icon is still not comming up after refreshing the site. I downloaded it into my host and changed the permissions. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks

Stacy

Hello. I am very new at this but I tried to do what you said. I did everything right (I'm fairly sure) but the little icon is still not comming up after refreshing the site. I downloaded it into my host and changed the permissions. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks

Stacy

You might try cleaning your cache..

Did you add this <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" > to your webpage?

I am a Jedi, like my father before me!

Where would I have to put it in my webpage? Thanks for helping.

Stacy

Put that line of code between the <head> </head> section in every page of your site that you want that favicon to show up in.

Favicons sometimes stay in the browser cache for a while (longer than images) so make sure to hit ctrl + F5 (reload that clears the cache) a bunch of times after you upload it.

Also make sure your favicon.ico is uploaded to your main directory and not in an images folder. If you need help editing your html use notepad or google what I use: Notepad++

Archived