• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

my new site please give feedback

paulieGB

Welcome. Some suggestions:

1. Logo background is not teh same as page background colour - and it sticks out.

2. Site is very dark (for me). Lighten it up. Maybe have a subtle card pattern in teh background. Most of your cards are for special occasions, but the site has a feeling of eitehr Tarot cards or halloween fancy dress hire.

3. Same applies for text. Reverse text (light writing on dark background) is difficult to read.

4. Privacy, terms etc are all block text. Use paragraphs so it's easier on the eye.

5. Icons are default (search icon for example). Change these in catalog/images/ directory to match your site's aesthetic.

6. Your buttons have white backgrounds. Change to transparent GIF/PNG images. They'll not have that jagged edge then.

7. From an SEO point of view, you have the product code described first (ie. (110) Golden anniversary Card). The first word is most important, followed by next and so on. Drop the product code to the end of the product name or drop completely. This will also improve the header tag SEO too.

Hope this helps

Danny

WOW,

thank you for all that.

Just a few things,

the logo background IS the same as the page back ground, they are both black, or do you mean something different.

I will try some different colours for the text and background and see how it looks , i mean i dont want my site to look like its for tarrot cards or halloween, i did try a few differnt things to begin with but i just thought a simple black background looked nicer, maybe ill try and change the text colour again, ill see.

As far as the privacy and t&c i would love it to be in paragraphs but i was unsure how to do that when i wrote it out in paragraphs in the php file it came out like you see it now.

I will try and find some new icons also.

And the buttons i will change also, infact i didnt even realise they had white backgrounds intill you just told me, lol ive been so busy with the SEO and advetising.

I will drop the product code to the end of the product name, thanks for that.

Very helpful Danny, thank you.

Paulie.

You can add paragraphs reall easily:

<p>your first line goes here.</p>

<p>This is a new paragraph.</p>

<p>This text just keeps on going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going.</p>

<p>This is a new paragraph.</p>

Your logo has a black baclground, but is a different black when viewed in IE6.

Have a transparent logo background - that'll sort it.

There's loads of free icons at my site. Feel free to download (www.datamouse.biz) from the store section.

Good work paul!

Can I tell you some suggestions more? I work in a mac with 1680 x 1050 resolution screen. I see your site…perfectly! nice! But posible no everybody had that resolution. Well, maybe you have some script code for choose the client screen resolution. And maybe I'm thinking so mutch. Posible an inferior resolution is better for your site.

Greetings! ;)

Archived